Cleveland 87 Boston 79 - Eastern Conference Finals (Game 7)

Page 4 of LeBron = GOAT. Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 100 comments | 5022 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    39,984

    Quote Originally Posted by StickerMann View Post
    Cavs simply lacks the offensive firepower to beat either Houston or GState; both of which you need to outscore to defeat. Impressive series by LeBron, but equally impressive feat by the Celtics without arguably their two best players to get this far.
    Impressive on both fronts. Many ignore that Boston was down to a seven man rotation, and Marcus Smart was hobbled.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    138,752

    I don't know about Goats, day drinking, and conspiracy theories but I love watching LeBron play basketball and I watched that game from start to finish.

    Oh, I do know about day drinking.

  3. #48
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,410

    Quote Originally Posted by RICFLAIR View Post
    Anyone else think the playoffs are starting to look scripted?
    NBA has been scripted since Jordan got caught betting on games. Possibly before that even.

  4. #49
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,032

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Josh Jackson > Kevin Love and any 2 Cavs you want to throw out. Speaking from a pure roster perspective the Suns are better than the Cavs.
    No they aren’t.

  5. #50
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    No they aren’t.
    Agree to disagree.

  6. #51
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,032

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Agree to disagree.
    Yep.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Lebron has taken 2 teams now to the Finals that without him would be the worst rosters in the league. When Jordan retired to play baseball the Bulls still made the playoffs both years. Pippen > Wade/ Kyrie
    Like Duece, I disagree with the first sentence. Also, there was serious discussion about who was the best player in the league Wade or Kobe, so I would disagree with the last part too.

  8. #53
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,360

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Lebron has taken 2 teams now to the Finals that without him would be the worst rosters in the league. When Jordan retired to play baseball the Bulls still made the playoffs both years. Pippen > Wade/ Kyrie
    I don't know if they would have been the worst but they would be lucky to win 25 games without him. The Bulls did do fine without Jordan because they had a great coach and an excellant cast surrounding Jordan. Pippen was IMO the most over rated player of the 90s..he was a front runner and never a leader when the team struggled.

  9. #54
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Like Duece, I disagree with the first sentence. Also, there was serious discussion about who was the best player in the league Wade or Kobe, so I would disagree with the last part too.
    D Wade was my favorite player when I was younger. He was never in the discussion with Kobe.

  10. #55
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I don't know if they would have been the worst but they would be lucky to win 25 games without him. The Bulls did do fine without Jordan because they had a great coach and an excellant cast surrounding Jordan. Pippen was IMO the most over rated player of the 90s..he was a front runner and never a leader when the team struggled.
    Which is why relying solely on team accomplishments to judge the MJ/ Lebron debate is silly IMO because their situations aren’t even remotely similar.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,789

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Axelrod View Post
    Best player in the world taking an average team to the finals once again. Love or hate LeBron take a step back and realize you’re getting to watch one of the best ever in his prime.
    To be fair every team is the east is just average. His average team though has the best player in the world on it.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,789

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Lebron has taken 2 teams now to the Finals that without him would be the worst rosters in the league. When Jordan retired to play baseball the Bulls still made the playoffs both years. Pippen > Wade/ Kyrie
    The Cavs roster would not and is not the worst in the league. That team had players on it to start the year that would be good without him and the current roster too.

    Do they look bad when he is not in currently. Yes because the team runs no offense. It's just let LeBron isolate and set people up. So when he is not in they don't know how to play.

    If you take this current roster and never put James on it. And put a system in place for those exact players, they could be successful. But teams that play with LeBron don't know how to play without him, because they never practice or put a system together without him.

    I guess LeBron is just the unluckiest person in the world. Since some how every team he ends up on. The crying from people is he needs help. The roster around him is bad...Hmmm maybe that has something to do with how be has to have his offenses play like.

    LeBron is great and best in the world and in discussion for best ever. However the whole he needs help, look at his roster cries are old.

  13. #58
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,360

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    The Cavs roster would not and is not the worst in the league. That team had players on it to start the year that would be good without him and the current roster too.

    Do they look bad when he is not in currently. Yes because the team runs no offense. It's just let LeBron isolate and set people up. So when he is not in they don't know how to play.

    If you take this current roster and never put James on it. And put a system in place for those exact players, they could be successful. But teams that play with LeBron don't know how to play without him, because they never practice or put a system together without him.

    I guess LeBron is just the unluckiest person in the world. Since some how every team he ends up on. The crying from people is he needs help. The roster around him is bad...Hmmm maybe that has something to do with how be has to have his offenses play like.

    LeBron is great and best in the world and in discussion for best ever. However the whole he needs help, look at his roster cries are old.
    How many Cavs would have started for the teams they have beaten so far? Always injured Kevin Love, maybe, but anyone else?

    No Cav outside of Lebron could make a top 7 or 8 player rotation for the Warriors.

  14. #59
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    20,748

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    NBA has been scripted since Jordan got caught betting on games. Possibly before that even.
    Really?

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    D Wade was my favorite player when I was younger. He was never in the discussion with Kobe.
    Not saying that he actually was or that I agree with it, but he was in the discussion after winning a title in 06 and a scoring title in 08. Do a google search and tell me it doesn't come up around that time. At no point was Pippen ever in such a discussion.

Top