Booker - Best Bargain in Draft?

Page 2 of I believe Devin Booker may be the most underrated player in this draft. It looks like he is going to go around #15 . I think 5 years from now people wi... 29 comments | 1016 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,117

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I think Booker's athleticism gives him a higher ceiling than Korver or Reddick. Booker posted the best time at the NBA combine in the lane agility drill by a wide margin.
    Yes he did and I feel like the pro teams will notice this too.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,011

    Booker reminds me more of Korver than anyone. See some Klay Thompson but he needs to refine his game a ton for that as far as creating his own shot. Thompson is his ceiling IMO.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,011

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I think Booker's athleticism gives him a higher ceiling than Korver or Reddick. Booker posted the best time at the NBA combine in the lane agility drill by a wide margin.
    He doesn't play as athletic as he is IMO.

  4. #19
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,398

    Quote Originally Posted by Cats3x View Post
    He doesn't play as athletic as he is IMO.
    I disagree. I saw many plays this year that impressed me with his athletic ability. He showed it often on defense. I remember some drives to the basket that happened so fast it got my attention.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,011

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I disagree. I saw many plays this year that impressed me with his athletic ability. He showed it often on defense. I remember some drives to the basket that happened so fast it got my attention.
    I didn't see him as an explosive athlete at the NBA level. Maybe he is really athletic, but just never saw him do anything off the bounce that made me think he could thrive in the league right now going to the basket.

  6. #21
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,533

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    He's much more athletic than Redick.
    So are a lot of other players. I am talking more in style of play. But Redick has become a lot more productive of a player than I ever imagined by being able to operate off screens, making shots, and being a solid defender. In my experience people over evaluate how much impact guys are going to have at the next level. When I see a question posed as to "what 5 guys will be all star players?", I get a chuckle because that is not how the game works. I would say most drafts produce 2-3 all star players.

  7. #22
    BlueTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,166

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I disagree. I saw many plays this year that impressed me with his athletic ability. He showed it often on defense. I remember some drives to the basket that happened so fast it got my attention.
    You are right on about Booker. He was really catch and shoot at UK but the few times he put the ball on the floor he was explosive. His offensive game will expand and flourish at the NBA level. Way more than Korver, etc.

    The other guy being underestimated is Lyles. He's got the body for it but will he bang when necessary? That's the only question I have. He has two great skills...great great feet for his size and confident shooter in the 16-18 foot range which you have to have to be a good stretch 4 in the league. He too will flourish in the NBA where he was limited by the system at UK.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    2,568

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTip View Post
    You are right on about Booker. He was really catch and shoot at UK but the few times he put the ball on the floor he was explosive. His offensive game will expand and flourish at the NBA level. Way more than Korver, etc.

    The other guy being underestimated is Lyles. He's got the body for it but will he bang when necessary? That's the only question I have. He has two great skills...great great feet for his size and confident shooter in the 16-18 foot range which you have to have to be a good stretch 4 in the league. He too will flourish in the NBA where he was limited by the system at UK.
    Agreed about Lyles. I can see him becoming a great player. Hopefully turns out to be something like Paul Millsap.

  9. #24
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Lyles will be dynamite in Pick N Roll with a good PG.

  10. #25
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,902

    Bargain of the draft is a stretch.

  11. #26
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Lyles will be dynamite in Pick N Roll with a good PG.
    I selfishly want him to fall to #19 and pair up with Wall. He'd thrive there IMO.

  12. #27
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I selfishly want him to fall to #19 and pair up with Wall. He'd thrive there IMO.
    He would be a good fit there.

  13. #28
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,650

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I selfishly want him to fall to #19 and pair up with Wall. He'd thrive there IMO.
    They have Beal

  14. #29
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    They have Beal
    Cool. Beal and Lyles don't play the same position.

  15. #30
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,650

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Cool. Beal and Lyles don't play the same position.
    My bad. I was thinking Booker.

Top