Middle School Football tonight at PRP High School

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    309

    Middle School Football tonight at PRP High School

    There is a three team jamboree type event tonight at Pleasure Ridge High School. The Stuart Spartans will be 1 of the teams there tonight with new Head Coach Brian Dennison. His defensive minded team should show out tonight. Tough season opener next week vs Olmstead.
    Hope everyone is safe this weekend.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Start off with the bruiser back. Good luck to Stuart.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,150

    How are teams getting around KHSAA acclimation rules? Isn't it too early to be having contact?

  4. #4
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    How are teams getting around KHSAA acclimation rules? Isn't it too early to be having contact?
    Most teams started practice on 7/10.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,150

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Most teams started practice on 7/10.
    Even starting on 7/10 you can't have full contact until 8/1. So how can teams get away with having a jamboree event tonight on 7/29?? Unless they are playing touch or flag, it would seem this would violate KHSAA regulations regarding acclimation.

  6. #6
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    Even starting on 7/10 you can't have full contact until 8/1. So how can teams get away with having a jamboree event tonight on 7/29?? Unless they are playing touch or flag, it would seem this would violate KHSAA regulations regarding acclimation.
    5 days in helmets
    3 days shells
    3 days full go.

    Have to have 11 practices in before any scrimmage/game. (which the above takes care of anyways)

    Nothing that says no contact before August 1st.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,150

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    5 days in helmets
    3 days shells
    3 days full go.

    Have to have 11 practices in before any scrimmage/game. (which the above takes care of anyways)

    Nothing that says no contact before August 1st.
    Im not sure why August 1st is designated as the "contact period" in the acclimation period as it's spelled out.

    August 1st starts the contact practice period, and no further opportunity exists to engage another team in any way other than the two legal scrimmage periods (or 1 period for those that play week 0 games. During this time period, there are both practice (number) and practice time limitations contained in Bylaw 23.

  8. #8
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    Im not sure why August 1st is designated as the "contact period" in the acclimation period as it's spelled out.

    August 1st starts the contact practice period, and no further opportunity exists to engage another team in any way other than the two legal scrimmage periods (or 1 period for those that play week 0 games. During this time period, there are both practice (number) and practice time limitations contained in Bylaw 23.
    You are quoting the HS rule, Im quoting the new MS rules they put out in January.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,150

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    You are quoting the HS rule, Im quoting the new MS rules they put out in January.
    Got it. Fair enough. Not sure why the MS rules are more lenient than high school, but that's a whole other debate.

  10. #10
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    Got it. Fair enough. Not sure why the MS rules are more lenient than high school, but that's a whole other debate.
    Partially due to the calendar. KHSAA wants MS football over by week 11 or week 12. However in some areas thats an issue because they dont finish till week 14 or 15 (one of those being a very large district that has strong ties to the KHSAA). Also, if you allow for the 10 game weeks, 5 post season weeks (same as what HS has) and you want to be done by week 11 or 12, you have to move other timelines up.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    309

    you are correct. Stuart had 5 different backs score tonight. The defense is what did it for them, they might have given up 3-4 total positive yard plays, all the rest were for loss. The played Farnsley and Ramsey, the season STARTS Tuesday (4 days) for Jefferson County Middle Schools.

  12. #12
    ThrillVille Cardinal51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Louisville,KY----From NKY
    Posts
    5,665

    Anyone know how the other JCPS middle schools are looking? The likes of newbug/noe/jctms etc?

  13. #13
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillVille Cardinal51 View Post
    Anyone know how the other JCPS middle schools are looking? The likes of newbug/noe/jctms etc?
    Newburg is the team to beat until someone beats them. JCTMS is young, Westport has a whole new staff. Other than Newburg JCPS is wide open this year.

  14. #14
    ThrillVille Cardinal51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Louisville,KY----From NKY
    Posts
    5,665

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Newburg is the team to beat until someone beats them. JCTMS is young, Westport has a whole new staff. Other than Newburg JCPS is wide open this year.
    Thank you! Do you know anything about Noe middle?

  15. #15
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillVille Cardinal51 View Post
    Thank you! Do you know anything about Noe middle?
    Not really, I will know more in a few weeks, lol.

Top