Bowling Green Middle School

  1. #1
    Hardin County Preps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,193

    Bowling Green Middle School

    After being a witness to Bowling Green Middle School and their total domination in a game with West Hardin on Saturday, I though I was watching a top tier high school team. Their sheer numbers and size alone were intimidating but when you added the athleticism of this team, they look unstoppable. I also saw Northern Pulaski too, and while they were good, this Bowling Green team could make another run of 48 when they reach high school. They really left an impression on me, especially Vito Tisdale, a freak of nature, man among boys.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Posts
    37,668

    I moved this into Middle School Sports.

    Was this an all 8th grade team or a mixture? What other players stood out besides Tisdale?

  3. #3
    Hardin County Preps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,193

    8th grade team, they all stood out, athletic, looked like they were all 6'0" tall 220, QB was accurate, cant think of any 8th grade team who could give them a run

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    169

    Bowling Green's 7th grade (the team you saw Saturday) lost to Johnson County in the playoffs last year. Let's be honest about this weekends game, they weren't playing the stiffest competition. I only say that because Northern beat that West Hardin team 62-0 last season.

    Here's an unknown stat for most. Northern Pulaski has played Bowling Green 4 times between both grades at the middle school level since 2010. All games held at BG because BG never wants to make the return trip to Somerset. BG has never scored against Northern. Shutouts in all 4 games.

  5. #5
    Hardin County Preps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,193

    I watched Northern Pulaski 7th and 8th grade teams Saturday, Bowling Green would have beaten both Pulaski teams. The seedings on Saturday didnt make sense. Pulaski should have played Bowling Green, West should have played East Hardin.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    169

    How did you get a read on how good either team was? East Hardin was significantly better than West. Not even close. Of course BG looked great. They always look good against western KY teams. Eastern KY teams? Not so much. It usually shows in the playoffs. I agree with you that Pulaski vs. Bowling Green would have been the best match-up. You're brainwashed if you think BG would have beaten Northern Pulaski in both grades. It's ok to have that opinion, but I wouldn't guarantee it. This must be your first year covering KY middle school football.

  7. #7
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,993

    What is Pulaski's record against BG in high school? Didn't the high school teams play in Somerset last season? Didn't the BG high school team lose to a WKY team in the playoffs last season? That's all that matters if we are going to be honest. I've been telling folks for over a year that when this 8th grade group gets to high school another run is coming. You can cast skepticism all you want. Just be prepared to witness.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    What is Pulaski's record against BG in high school? Didn't the high school teams play in Somerset last season? Didn't the BG high school team lose to a WKY team in the playoffs last season? That's all that matters if we are going to be honest. I've been telling folks for over a year that when this 8th grade group gets to high school another run is coming. You can cast skepticism all you want. Just be prepared to witness.
    I will agree 75% with you PP92, this 8th grade group for BG is something special no doubt, and they have a very good chance at dominating the west again for 4 years or more. Once they meet up with the east teams, not so sure they dominate, but they will be right their with them.

  9. #9
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,993

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    I will agree 75% with you PP92, this 8th grade group for BG is something special no doubt, and they have a very good chance at dominating the west again for 4 years or more. Once they meet up with the east teams, not so sure they dominate, but they will be right their with them.
    And the Purples will emerge victorious. Put Highlands on notice. When Kevin Wallace and his staff get these fellas next year just be prepared to witness these next 4 years of pure excitement.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    And the Purples will emerge victorious. Put Highlands on notice. When Kevin Wallace and his staff get these fellas next year just be prepared to witness these next 4 years of pure excitement.
    We will see I think your wrong though on the assumption that Highlands is the team they will have to challenge.

  11. #11
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,993

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    We will see I think your wrong though on the assumption that Highlands is the team they will have to challenge.
    It won't matter who they will have to challenge.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Posts
    190

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat18 View Post
    Bowling Green's 7th grade (the team you saw Saturday) lost to Johnson County in the playoffs last year. Let's be honest about this weekends game, they weren't playing the stiffest competition. I only say that because Northern beat that West Hardin team 62-0 last season.

    Here's an unknown stat for most. Northern Pulaski has played Bowling Green 4 times between both grades at the middle school level since 2010. All games held at BG because BG never wants to make the return trip to Somerset. BG has never scored against Northern. Shutouts in all 4 games.
    Vito Tisdale didn't play in those playoffs though if I am not mistaken. He is the best player in the state hands down he has only played up on 8th grade for the last two seasons.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Posts
    190

    Vito Tisdale could play in a high school game right now and against your middle to low level teams he could get 150 yards every night.

    Seen him play one game last year he carried 9 times, 7 touchdowns and the other two times he was run out of bounds, never tackled.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Quote Originally Posted by Heat Check View Post
    Vito Tisdale didn't play in those playoffs though if I am not mistaken. He is the best player in the state hands down he has only played up on 8th grade for the last two seasons.
    He played the second half of the 7th grade game.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,021

    I've been telling you guys about this year's freshman and this year's 8th grade team. Next year varsity team will have Payne at qb, Carruthers and the freshman (vito) in the backfield, along with the freakish size of a lot of underclassmen.

    Special team in the making. Of course their will be a handful of teams that will challenge them (which will make them stronger). It will be special.

    Bottom line, if little Vito stays healthy, good grades and keeps his nose clean he could be one of best athletes from the bluegrass in a long time. Honest question, when is last time Kentucky had a top 20 in nation basketball player. He is currently ranked as high as 13th in his class. 2 coaches told me that he is even better on the gridiron. Look out!

Top