12. The Commissioner ruled Jenkins ineligible last week.
HC is made to look like the bad guy in this situation, however all they are doing is making sure that the rules are being followed. The easy thing to do would be to allow this to happen. The difficult thing is to stand up for what is right.
I believe the kid got really bad advice from some adults and was easily led. It's a shame that he is the one suffering the consequences, however kids cannot, and should not, dictate to adults what they are going to do.
8. SC sent transfer documentation, as the receiving school, to HC. HC forwarded the completed transfer form to the KHSAA, noting that there should be an investigation.
9. The KHSAA allowed the transfer. HC inquired and was told they did not send any supporting documentation.
10. HC did bring supporting documentation to an appeal hearing, which was attended by SC, as well as Jenkins family.
11. The hearing officer ruled that this was not a valid transfer, but that the Commissioner had the final say. All of this took place before the beginning if the season.
5. He was upset because he was required to take core classes. He wanted to take PE again.
6. He texted Larry, my brother, and told him he was transferring to Scott County "for basketball reasons." Thanked Larry for all he had done for him.
7. Last summer he played AAU ball for a team that was coached by a janitor at one of the Scott County public schools. Two other players, one from Madison Central the other from somewhere else (each their schools top player) transferred to Scott County
Walter, here's the skinny on the DJ Jenkins situation:
1. I am the brother of the HC Head Coach, preceded him as the HC Head Coach.
2. DJ and his family rent a home that is owned by our father.
3. DJ attended HCHS at the beginning of the school year for 3 days.
4. At some point during those 3 days, he was reprimanded at least twice for shooting in the gym without adult supervision, during times when he was supposed to be in class.
Saw him in practice the other day. Looks like a solid player.
You related to him?
Do you know Brennan Hall? If not I suggest you find out...