Woooooo!

  1. #1
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,678

    Woooooo!

    Yes, you have heard it in the late innings at Reds games. Cincinnati Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty wrote about it in his column today:

    Doc: Woooo! What an embarrassment

    Mo Egger spent his afternoon talk show focused on it on AM 1530.

    Personally, I think it is an obnoxious nuisance like the vuvuzelas were in soccer. But what can you do about it? It is people yelling, not a noisemaker.

    Is there anything that can be done to stop it? Does it bother you? Does it impact you attending or watching Reds games? Have you ever done the Woooo? Why?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,438

    No to all the questions.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    127,617

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Yes, you have heard it in the late innings at Reds games. Cincinnati Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty wrote about it in his column today:

    Doc: Woooo! What an embarrassment

    Mo Egger spent his afternoon talk show focused on it on AM 1530.

    Personally, I think it is an obnoxious nuisance like the vuvuzelas were in soccer. But what can you do about it? It is people yelling, not a noisemaker.

    Is there anything that can be done to stop it? Does it bother you? Does it impact you attending or watching Reds games? Have you ever done the Woooo? Why?
    Baseball People

  4. #4
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,910

    As a beer vendor, I am glad it usually starts after I leave. The few games I've worked when it started early, its extremely annoying to me.

    As a fan that turns on a game, on a rare occassion I make it home before its over...I don't care or mind it at all.

  5. #5
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,910

    I will add, the fact its getting this much attention...prepare for it to start earlier and earlier and it will be louder and louder.

    They'd have been better never talking about it.

  6. #6
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    13,655

    I heard the discussions on the origin of the WOOOO. I actually thought it started one night at the bark in the park night?

  7. #7
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,910

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    I heard the discussions on the origin of the WOOOO. I actually thought it started one night at the bark in the park night?
    I've heard that.

    Also heard that Pittsburgh fans actually started it and Reds fans stole it.

  8. #8
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    33,800

    It's never really bothered me before but it did during Tuesday's broadcast. It sounded like one guy and it was continuous. I'm sure it's much worse during the sparsely attended games.

  9. #9
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,678

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I've heard that.

    Also heard that Pittsburgh fans actually started it and Reds fans stole it.
    I remember hearing Pittsburgh fans do it and it seems like it was before I remember hearing Reds fans do it at GABP.

  10. #10
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,678

    Did vuvuzelas at soccer matches bother you? Is that different than wooo?

  11. #11
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    13,655

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Did vuvuzelas at soccer matches bother you? Is that different than wooo?
    Soccer matches bother me. LOL. Not a fan of the vuvuzellas, the wooo does not really bother me, but I haven't been to many games lately. Only one I was at in the past 2 years I was in the enclosed batters eye. Maybe its getting bad.

  12. #12
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,718

    The "Wooo" people are idiots.

  13. #13
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    6,626

    I'm in favor of the ushers coming around with cattle prods. Wooo!

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,678

    If you were sitting near someone who was making the wooo noises, would you say anything?

  15. #15
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,718

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    If you were sitting near someone who was making the wooo noises, would you say anything?
    What good would it do? You ever try to reason with idiots? I still do it too much on here with certain posters, but I keep telling myself I'm going to quit.

Top