Woooooo!

Page 2 of Yes, you have heard it in the late innings at Reds games. Cincinnati Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty wrote about it in his column today: Doc: Woooo! ... 30 comments | 1076 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,009

    You know what the most annoying thing at a ballgame is? The wave.

    When kids are doing it, I'm fine with it, but when it's adults?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,287

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    What good would it do? You ever try to reason with idiots? I still do it too much on here with certain posters, but I keep telling myself I'm going to quit.
    I hear you. At least they would know there are other fans there who think woooo is stupid and don't want to hear it. Or you could be as obnoxious to them as they are to you if the wooo bothers you. If you kept saying something every time they went wooo, at some point they might get irritated just like they are irritating you.

    If a fan kept standing up in front of you for no reason and messed with your view of the game, you would probably tell them to sit down at some point. Same thing.

  3. #18
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,781

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I hear you. At least they would know there are other fans there who think woooo is stupid and don't want to hear it. Or you could be as obnoxious to them as they are to you if the wooo bothers you. If you kept saying something every time they went wooo, at some point they might get irritated just like they are irritating you.

    If a fan kept standing up in front of you for no reason and messed with your view of the game, you would probably tell them to sit down at some point. Same thing.
    It's not even close to the same thing. Someone acting like an idiot and wooing has no effect on me watching the game. Also being obnoxious to them would probably just make matters worse. When I go to the games it's usually with my wife and kids, and being obnoxious to someone just because they're an idiot is not the example I want to set for my kids, and it would probably lead to some sort of altercation. Again, not something I want my kids to see.

  4. #19
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,532

    It's annoying but not to the degree of confrontation. They paid their money like everyone else so as long as they aren't disruptive, it's all good.

    To me, it's no different than the 4 young ladies in back of me 2 weeks ago who very loudly professed their undying love for Joey Votto every time he came to the plate. The more beer they drank, they more love they had for him. Talk about annoying!

  5. #20
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,287

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    It's not even close to the same thing. Someone acting like an idiot and wooing has no effect on me watching the game. Also being obnoxious to them would probably just make matters worse. When I go to the games it's usually with my wife and kids, and being obnoxious to someone just because they're an idiot is not the example I want to set for my kids, and it would probably lead to some sort of altercation. Again, not something I want my kids to see.
    Good points.

    The one difference is for you the standing fan isn't close. For me it is. The woooo bugs me so much I might leave the game if it gets going. I usually turn the volume off on the TV when I am watching the game and the wooos start. They bug almost as much as vuvuzelas did.

  6. #21
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,781

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Good points.

    The one difference is for you the standing fan isn't close. For me it is. The woooo bugs me so much I might leave the game if it gets going. I usually turn the volume off on the TV when I am watching the game and the wooos start. They bug almost as much as vuvuzelas did.
    While I hate the woo, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as having the idiot behind you that thinks they know everything about the game, but after listening to them for about 5 seconds you clearly realize they don't know squat. And they don't shut up the whole game.

  7. #22
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    Deplorable
    Posts
    21,864

    I thought this was gonna be about Ronnie Woowoo

  8. #23
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    If you were sitting near someone who was making the wooo noises, would you say anything?
    WOOOOOOOO!

  9. #24
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,973

    I'm not a big fan of the wooo, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm just glad somebody is going to the games.

  10. #25
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,560

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    If you were sitting near someone who was making the wooo noises, would you say anything?
    If it was an attractive female, I'd offer to take her up Space Mountain!!!

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    670

    Took my wife and son to the orioles game the first night they were in town. I can't remember hearing a woooooo!!! At all. I only make three games a year at most so maybe I don't pay that much attention. Although I must say, if I was with or near someone that was Woooooo!!!!ing I'd be slightly embarrassed. Especially if it was after just a normal pitch.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    462

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    While I hate the woo, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as having the idiot behind you that thinks they know everything about the game, but after listening to them for about 5 seconds you clearly realize they don't know squat. And they don't shut up the whole game.
    So you're bothered by about half of those in attendance, correct?

  13. #28
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,781

    Quote Originally Posted by dpeevh View Post
    So you're bothered by about half of those in attendance, correct?
    Only those I can hear

  14. #29
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,287

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Ed View Post
    Took my wife and son to the orioles game the first night they were in town. I can't remember hearing a woooooo!!! At all. I only make three games a year at most so maybe I don't pay that much attention. Although I must say, if I was with or near someone that was Woooooo!!!!ing I'd be slightly embarrassed. Especially if it was after just a normal pitch.
    Did you stay for the whole game? The woooos usually happen late in the game, eighth and ninth innings. And they don't really happen after a pitch, a hit or have anything to do with what is happening in the game. It is just people going wooooo. They just start going woooo regardless of what is happening on the field.

  15. #30
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    33,973

    Lots of Woooos tonight in Detroit.

Top