Where Will Bryce Harper Land?

Page 3 of Probably the biggest free agent name on the board, Bryce Harper. Cubs are the favorites followed by the Dodgers, Yankees, Phillies, Nationals, Red Sox,... 45 comments | 3070 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Bryce Harper: Where Will The All Star Land?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cubs

    10 35.71%
  • Dodgers

    1 3.57%
  • Giants

    1 3.57%
  • Angels

    0 0%
  • Phillies

    4 14.29%
  • Yankees

    9 32.14%
  • Red Sox

    0 0%
  • Nationals

    2 7.14%
  • Somewhere Else?

    1 3.57%
  1. #31
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,211

    13 years? $400 million? No thank you. Hope the Cubs pass and I expect them to at those numbers and make a run at Arenado next year.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,312

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    13 years? $400 million? No thank you. Hope the Cubs pass and I expect them to at those numbers and make a run at Arenado next year.
    That's just crazy! If NFL football players were jealous of the money NBA players started making a few years ago, I can't imagine how they feel about this.

    How long before Lebron see's this and work's it out to where there is no salary cap in the NBA. This way NBA stars can get these types of contracts!

  3. #33
    BigTuna6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Scranton, PA
    Posts
    493

    400 million is a steep price for a team that already has a lot of star power (Cubs). If that's really what he's asking, I don't see it happening.

  4. #34
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,514

    Dodgers shed a lot of payroll with the deal with the Reds.

    Cubs had a 3 hour talk with Scott Boras and Harper himself at the winter meetings and have asked them to hold off on signing with a team so that they can try and shed some payroll and that they wanted them to be the first to know if and where he's signing.

    Cubs will have to get rid of Heyward and Addison Russell and maybe Yu Darvish if not someone else.

  5. #35
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,782

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Dodgers shed a lot of payroll with the deal with the Reds.

    Cubs had a 3 hour talk with Scott Boras and Harper himself at the winter meetings and have asked them to hold off on signing with a team so that they can try and shed some payroll and that they wanted them to be the first to know if and where he's signing.

    Cubs will have to get rid of Heyward and Addison Russell and maybe Yu Darvish if not someone else.
    Good luck getting someone to take on Heyward and Darvish's salaries.

  6. #36
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,514

    MLB insider, Jon Heyman tweeted that he believes that the Cubs are more likely to sign Bryce Harper than the Dodgers.

    Some are even saying that the Cubs are the clear cut favorite to land Harper.

  7. #37
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,763

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    MLB insider, Jon Heyman tweeted that he believes that the Cubs are more likely to sign Bryce Harper than the Dodgers.

    Some are even saying that the Cubs are the clear cut favorite to land Harper.
    The Cubs aren’t afraid of terrible contracts.

  8. #38
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,211

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    The Cubs arenít afraid of terrible contracts.
    Most teams have at least 1.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,790

    As a guy who does not like the Cubs, I would love to see them sign him for $400MM. No way in 5 years the team that pays that much for him will be glad they did.

  10. #40
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,763

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    Most teams have at least 1.
    Too make matters worse the worst contract in baseball is blocking Harper in the field. They have to DFA him at some point and eat around 80 mill.

  11. #41
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,710

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Too make matters worse the worst contract in baseball is blocking Harper in the field. They have to DFA him at some point and eat around 80 mill.
    I'm glad he picked the Cubs over the Cardinals.

  12. #42
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,211

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Too make matters worse the worst contract in baseball is blocking Harper in the field. They have to DFA him at some point and eat around 80 mill.
    Last year I think we had this same discussion and I posted about 20 equal or worse deals.

  13. #43
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,211

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    I'm glad he picked the Cubs over the Cardinals.

    Don’t worry, you guys will pay out the nose To extend Goldy and he’ll do like most other sluggers in their mid 30’s and decline rapidly. (See Chris Davis a guy the Cards wanted)

    And to be fair we basically traded overpayed outfielders.

  14. #44
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,211

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Too make matters worse the worst contract in baseball is blocking Harper in the field. They have to DFA him at some point and eat around 80 mill.

    JHey comes in at #10 on this list. But hey, Flags fly forever!

    1 worst contracts in Major League Baseball

  15. #45
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,710

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    Don’t worry, you guys will pay out the nose To extend Goldy and he’ll do like most other sluggers in their mid 30’s and decline rapidly. (See Chris Davis a guy the Cards wanted)

    And to be fair we basically traded overpayed outfielders.
    True on traded overpaid OFers. Fowler is terrible.

Top