When Marty goes.....

Page 2 of Who should be the everyday two in the booth? Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 44 comments | 1692 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,337

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Whoever it is will be a massive upgrade...
    OVER Marty??? Are you serious???
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    5,496

    Since I don't listen to the games much anymore hopefully Thom gets the gig...

  3. #18
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,716

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Since I don't listen to the games much anymore hopefully Thom gets the gig...
    So you just want to torture the rest of us ...

  4. #19
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,436

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    OVER Marty??? Are you serious???
    Marty was great. The last 5 or so years he's become a caricature of himself. It's been past time for him to go.

  5. #20
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    11,026

    Quote Originally Posted by OlDog75 View Post
    Well, other than Marty they haven't really had a permanent 2nd banana in quite a while. Brantley, Kelsch, Brenehan Jr, Welch, Flynn have all filled that position. I have always liked Jeff Piecoro, Doug Flynn, thought Joe Morgan would be good, I've really warmed up to Dan Hoard, I do like Chris Welch. I don't think Brantley would want to do the number of games it takes however if I were to guess, I'd say Brenehan Jr and Brantley would get the nod. Just something about Thom's voice that my ears can't deal with.
    This ^^^

  6. #21
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    5,496

    Thom goes on and on about some negative play that happened 5 innings ago. Plus it's not the fair pole. What makes him think he can change lingo that has been around over a hundred years. Absolutely dreadful.

  7. #22
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,466

    Honestly I would hope they do a clean sweep and get a whole new broadcast team in.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    409

    Marty and the cowboy are the ONLY two I can stand to listen to. My only problem with the cowboy who I find comical is that sometimes he leaves you hanging and wondering what just happened, a lot like the old lefthander. Marty is the best even if he is full of himself. I listen to a lot of their away games on Sirius/Xm and believe me if you had to listen to some of the stiffs for the other teams you would learn to appreciate how good Marty is. Heaven help us if Thom gets the gig when Marty retires. I get sick of him telling us how much he knows about the last time that somebody did something or said something or whatever! Yeah we know you do your homework Thommy. Please just give us someone that will tell us what is going on in the game and nobody does that better than Marty period!

  9. #24
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    5,496

    And Thom constantly talks. We are watching the game. No need for incessant blather.

  10. #25
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,716

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    Marty and the cowboy are the ONLY two I can stand to listen to. My only problem with the cowboy who I find comical is that sometimes he leaves you hanging and wondering what just happened, a lot like the old lefthander. Marty is the best even if he is full of himself. I listen to a lot of their away games on Sirius/Xm and believe me if you had to listen to some of the stiffs for the other teams you would learn to appreciate how good Marty is. Heaven help us if Thom gets the gig when Marty retires. I get sick of him telling us how much he knows about the last time that somebody did something or said something or whatever! Yeah we know you do your homework Thommy. Please just give us someone that will tell us what is going on in the game and nobody does that better than Marty period!
    So why did you dislike my post above (#18)? I can't stand Thom and was saying it would be torture to listen to him.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    409

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    So why did you dislike my post above (#18)? I can't stand Thom and was saying it would be torture to listen to him.
    wrong button

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    Thom would not / could not do it because of the other commitments.

    I think when Marty leaves your will see a combination of announcers moving between radio and TV.

  13. #28
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,716

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    wrong button
    Gotcha ...

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    163

    Thom must get paid by the word. The constant blabber is annoying. We don't need to know that last year on the date so and so had a hit. He also treats every game as if it is the seventh game of the world series.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    6,865

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Hangin Around View Post
    Marty and the cowboy are the ONLY two I can stand to listen to. My only problem with the cowboy who I find comical is that sometimes he leaves you hanging and wondering what just happened, a lot like the old lefthander. Marty is the best even if he is full of himself. I listen to a lot of their away games on Sirius/Xm and believe me if you had to listen to some of the stiffs for the other teams you would learn to appreciate how good Marty is. Heaven help us if Thom gets the gig when Marty retires. I get sick of him telling us how much he knows about the last time that somebody did something or said something or whatever! Yeah we know you do your homework Thommy. Please just give us someone that will tell us what is going on in the game and nobody does that better than Marty period!
    Caught the end of the TOR/PIT game today...brutal

Top