Track the Reds prospects

Page 8 of I figured we could start a thread to keep track of the Reds top prospects. Last night Sal Romano pitched 7 scoreless innings, giving up 4 hits, strikin... 117 comments | 5448 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,131

    Hunter Greene made his pitching debut today. From redsminorleagues.com ...

    The first pitch of the game was 101 MPH. It was a strike looking. The next pitch was also 101 MPH. The next two were only 100 MPH. The first batter eventually singled into right field as there was some confusion on who would play the ball between the first and second baseman. The next hitter grounded into a force out. With the third batter at the plate, The recently turned 18-year-old Greene went to work and showed off his pickoff move to an unsuspecting Tristen Lutz who walked back to the dugout. The final batter of the inning also walked back to the dugout as he was the victim of

    Hunter Greene’s first professional strikeout. It took 15 pitches to get through the first frame. Speaking with a source in Billings the 15 pitches resulted in 14 fastballs thrown and 1 breaking ball. The breaking ball was 83 MPH. The fastballs were thrown between 98 MPH and 101 MPH. Greene topped out at 101.7 MPH according to the Trackman that is installed in Dehler Park.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,404

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    Hunter Greene made his pitching debut today. From redsminorleagues.com ...

    The first pitch of the game was 101 MPH. It was a strike looking. The next pitch was also 101 MPH. The next two were only 100 MPH. The first batter eventually singled into right field as there was some confusion on who would play the ball between the first and second baseman. The next hitter grounded into a force out. With the third batter at the plate, The recently turned 18-year-old Greene went to work and showed off his pickoff move to an unsuspecting Tristen Lutz who walked back to the dugout. The final batter of the inning also walked back to the dugout as he was the victim of

    Hunter Greene’s first professional strikeout. It took 15 pitches to get through the first frame. Speaking with a source in Billings the 15 pitches resulted in 14 fastballs thrown and 1 breaking ball. The breaking ball was 83 MPH. The fastballs were thrown between 98 MPH and 101 MPH. Greene topped out at 101.7 MPH according to the Trackman that is installed in Dehler Park.
    So lets let this kid blow his arm out before the season is over, make sense. He hasnt pitched since May, smh. Par for the course, thats why none of these pitching prospects have panned out.

  3. #108
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,903

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    So lets let this kid blow his arm out before the season is over, make sense. He hasnt pitched since May, smh. Par for the course, thats why none of these pitching prospects have panned out.
    He's been throwing bullpens for weeks.

  4. #109
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,819

    Now I remember why I quit going into Reds threads.

  5. #110
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,085

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    So lets let this kid blow his arm out before the season is over, make sense. He hasnt pitched since May, smh. Par for the course, thats why none of these pitching prospects have panned out.
    What in the world are you talking about?

  6. #111
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,404

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    What in the world are you talking about?
    93% of his pitches over 100 mph, thats a recipe for disaster for an 18 year old kid.

  7. #112
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,376

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Now I remember why I quit going into Reds threads.
    I swear BGP has become so much more readable since his posts don't show up for me any more.

  8. #113
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,903

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    93% of his pitches over 100 mph, thats a recipe for disaster for an 18 year old kid.
    So you don't want him pitching then? You think he should go SS full time?

    What is the appropriate age to throw 100?

  9. #114
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,404

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    So you don't want him pitching then? You think he should go SS full time?

    What is the appropriate age to throw 100?
    Its not that he can reach 100, its that hes throwing nothing but 100. At that rate he will be Dr. Andrews best client before he is 21.

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    398

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Its not that he can reach 100, its that hes throwing nothing but 100. At that rate he will be Dr. Andrews best client before he is 21.
    For your information it's not fastballs that hurt your arm, it's curves and sliders that cause most of the problems.

  11. #116
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,819

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I swear BGP has become so much more readable since his posts don't show up for me any more.
    I never could do that as a Mod, but I can now.

  12. #117
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,085

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Its not that he can reach 100, its that hes throwing nothing but 100. At that rate he will be Dr. Andrews best client before he is 21.
    So what do you recommend?

  13. #118

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    398

    Hunter Greene with a better start tonight, 3 inn 1 hit, 1 bb, 4 Ks, 1 unearned run.

Top