Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

Page 3 of Tim Tebow to try professional baseball - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV Former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL quarterback Tim Tebow has his eyes on a di... 133 comments | 5358 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    90,838

    BP Swing


    Watch MLB's Vine "Outta here."
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    54,725

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Make fun all they like, but that's a compact stroke.

  3. #33
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself."
    Posts
    6,403

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    I agree with you 100%. The guy is a Heisman Trophy winner, was an excellent D-1 baller, actually made it to the NFL and got paid, landed an analyst job, has his own semi-reality TV show that he does great things for people on and by all accounts is a stand up guy....

    Don't we want MORE people like Tim Tebow and less people like all the other jack wagons we have in professional sports....

    I'll ask it a different way: If you were going to invite someone to Thanksgiving and you had two choices, Tim Tebow and Brock Lesnar, who do you invite ? (And I actually like Brock...)
    NO!!! I prefer the guy that can actually play and get me some W's. I'll invite Tim over to stuff my turkey and read Christmas stories; I'll take Vontez to make some plays and crack some skulls.

  4. #34
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    90,838

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    NO!!! I prefer the guy that can actually play and get me some W's. I'll invite Tim over to stuff my turkey and read Christmas stories; I'll take Vontez to make some plays and crack some skulls.
    The stupid plays that lead to penalties in a playoff game? Those plays?

  5. #35
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself."
    Posts
    6,403

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    The stupid plays that lead to penalties in a playoff game? Those plays?
    No, minus those.

  6. #36
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    49,462

    All the hate lol

  7. #37
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,620

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    All the hate lol
    And it's never gonna go away.

  8. #38
    BirdBrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    5,217

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    NO!!! I prefer the guy that can actually play and get me some W's. I'll invite Tim over to stuff my turkey and read Christmas stories; I'll take Vontez to make some plays and crack some skulls.
    Well I think most readers on here would expect that from you...short sighted and always with an ulterior motive against anyone who espouses faith....

    Where did you interject Vontez Burfict or anything about making plays or cracking skulls into this equation ?

    Seriously dude....give it a rest....

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    At the Card Table
    Posts
    17,416

    Bridgeport Bluefish are the first to try to sign Tebow, what will he do?

  10. #40
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    7,650

    I am very indifferent to the guy on all levels. He is a celebrity and is using that to his benefit. I don't blame him at all for that. But he is getting no tryouts if he isn't Tim Tebow.

    I laugh at the notion he is not liked because of his faith and that is why he is out of football.

    Baloney, the guy can't play at the elite level in football and I doubt baseball.

    But the guy can market himself. Good for him.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    24,594

    Wish him the best, hope he sticks somewhere if that's what he wants.

  12. #42
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    90,838

    Tebow certainly gave critics ammo by announcing his deal with Adidas on the same day as the tryout and wearing 3 or 4 different Adidas outfits during the tryout.

  13. #43
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,620

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    I am very indifferent to the guy on all levels. He is a celebrity and is using that to his benefit. I don't blame him at all for that. But he is getting no tryouts if he isn't Tim Tebow.

    I laugh at the notion he is not liked because of his faith and that is why he is out of football.

    Baloney, the guy can't play at the elite level in football and I doubt baseball.

    But the guy can market himself. Good for him.
    He's out of football because he's borderline NFL-caliber. His religiosity and the attention it grabs makes it easier to cut him in favor of somebody who tows the company line and doesn't draw attention to themselves. Were he TO/Randy Moss in their prime talented, he's starting somewhere and is one of the biggest faces of the NFL.

    Talent wins out over everything else in the NFL. But Player A and Player B are equal, but Player A finds himself in the news too often for non-football reasons, Player B gets his spot.

  14. #44
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,620

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Tebow certainly gave critics ammo by announcing his deal with Adidas on the same day as the tryout and wearing 3 or 4 different Adidas outfits during the tryout.
    Which means he can have a great career in the minors if that's what he wants. They don't mind a good show gag. MLB not so much.

  15. #45
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,443

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Tebow certainly gave critics ammo by announcing his deal with Adidas on the same day as the tryout and wearing 3 or 4 different Adidas outfits during the tryout.
    Screw the critics. Get the green.

Top