Reds Have Finally Fired Bryan Price!!

Page 3 of Mark Sheldon ‏Verified account @m_sheldon 34s35 seconds ago The #reds have announced that Bryan Price is out as manager, along with pitching coac... 41 comments | 1820 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,697

    What does everyone read into Mack Jenkins being let go also?
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,183

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    What does everyone read into Mack Jenkins being let go also?
    That the young pitchers haven't progressed the way the organization would like under Jenkins and Price.

  3. #33
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    What does everyone read into Mack Jenkins being let go also?
    Maybe he was the one responsible for calling pickoff plays?

  4. #34
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,272

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Perhaps this is a topic for another thread but I am curious. At the beginning of the 2015 season, what was the Reds projected lineup for 2018?
    It’s hard telling. Some of our better prospects during the 2015 season have already failed to live up to the hype. Position player wise isn’t far off from where we are. We had a surplus of young pitching prospects many of which haven’t reached the majors yet or haven’t had more than a cup of coffee in the majors.

    C- Mes
    1B- Votto
    2B- Blandino, Possibly Jagielo in the mix somewhere
    SS- Peraza
    3B- Suarez
    RF- Ervin, Yorman Rodriguez, Waldrop, Aquino
    CF- Hamilton
    LF- Winker

    SP- Stephenson, Garrett, Reed, Lamb, Finnegan, Bailey, Travieso

    Pen- Moscot, Cingrani, Weiss, Hergot, Rainey, Lorenzen, Iglesias

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    hills
    Posts
    1,359

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    It’s hard telling. Some of our better prospects during the 2015 season have already failed to live up to the hype. Position player wise isn’t far off from where we are. We had a surplus of young pitching prospects many of which haven’t reached the majors yet or haven’t had more than a cup of coffee in the majors.
    Peraza and Suarez were acquired in trades.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    hills
    Posts
    1,359

    I am very disappointed in our manager, who was fired and also our front office. Let's be honest when you trade away quality major league players you have to get something in return. Look at some of the trades:

    Jay Bruce - We got Dilson Herrara and who? NOTHING!
    Johnny Cueto - Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb, Cody Reed - They have not produced
    Brandon Phillips - Nothing
    Aroldis Chapman - Nothing being produced in majors
    Todd Frazier - Scott Schebler and Jose Peraza (Ok Trade)
    Mike Leake - Adam Duvall

    We did not get individuals that have helped the organization.

    When we went out and got players to help us in 2010-2013 look at who we gave up. Players that have played well at the major league level:

    Didi Gregorious
    Yonder Alonzo
    Yasmani Grandal
    Brad Boxberger

    We gave up quality prospects in trades when we got players that could help. I don't think we have gotten quality prospects back in our trades lately.

  7. #37
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,180

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsmaniac View Post
    I am very disappointed in our manager, who was fired and also our front office. Let's be honest when you trade away quality major league players you have to get something in return. Look at some of the trades:

    Jay Bruce - We got Dilson Herrara and who? NOTHING!
    Johnny Cueto - Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb, Cody Reed - They have not produced
    Brandon Phillips - Nothing
    Aroldis Chapman - Nothing being produced in majors
    Todd Frazier - Scott Schebler and Jose Peraza (Ok Trade)
    Mike Leake - Adam Duvall

    We did not get individuals that have helped the organization.

    When we went out and got players to help us in 2010-2013 look at who we gave up. Players that have played well at the major league level:

    Didi Gregorious
    Yonder Alonzo
    Yasmani Grandal
    Brad Boxberger

    We gave up quality prospects in trades when we got players that could help. I don't think we have gotten quality prospects back in our trades lately.
    I know its just one but if you're gonna name trades, you gotta give the full picture.

    Suarez for a washed up Simon was a great trade.

  8. #38
    akw4572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Posts
    3,413

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    What does everyone read into Mack Jenkins being let go also?
    Maybe something as simple as Jenkins saying........if you're firing Price, I'm going too.

  9. #39
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,272

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsmaniac View Post
    Peraza and Suarez were acquired in trades.
    What’s that have to do with anything. Suarez played for the Reds in 2015 and Peraza was the Reds #1 prospect.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    hills
    Posts
    1,359

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I know its just one but if you're gonna name trades, you gotta give the full picture.

    Suarez for a washed up Simon was a great trade.
    True

  11. #41
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,684

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsmaniac View Post
    I am very disappointed in our manager, who was fired and also our front office. Let's be honest when you trade away quality major league players you have to get something in return. Look at some of the trades:

    Jay Bruce - We got Dilson Herrara and who? NOTHING!
    Johnny Cueto - Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb, Cody Reed - They have not produced
    Brandon Phillips - Nothing
    Aroldis Chapman - Nothing being produced in majors
    Todd Frazier - Scott Schebler and Jose Peraza (Ok Trade)
    Mike Leake - Adam Duvall

    We did not get individuals that have helped the organization.

    When we went out and got players to help us in 2010-2013 look at who we gave up. Players that have played well at the major league level:

    Didi Gregorious
    Yonder Alonzo
    Yasmani Grandal
    Brad Boxberger

    We gave up quality prospects in trades when we got players that could help. I don't think we have gotten quality prospects back in our trades lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I know its just one but if you're gonna name trades, you gotta give the full picture.

    Suarez for a washed up Simon was a great trade.
    Didn't they get Luis Castillo and Austin Brice for Dan Straily as well as Anthony Desclafani for Mat Latos?

  12. #42
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,164

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Didn't they get Luis Castillo and Austin Brice for Dan Straily as well as Anthony Desclafani for Mat Latos?
    And they had 2.5 really good years of Latos for a few of those guys mentioned. Trading for prospects is hard.

Top