Reds Have Finally Fired Bryan Price!!

Page 2 of Mark Sheldon ‏Verified account @m_sheldon 34s35 seconds ago The #reds have announced that Bryan Price is out as manager, along with pitching coac... 41 comments | 1669 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    blue4sure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Location
    WILDCAT COUNTRY
    Posts
    79

    Time to start from scratch including front office
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    10,367

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Reds get shutout two games in a row 2-0 and we fired the pitching coach? How about the hitting coach?
    Outside of Votto the hitting coach isnít really working with much. Haha

  3. #18
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,589

    I have less confidence in Red's management because of this move. Firing a manager who has been the manager for several years 15 games into a season tells me the front office is clueless

  4. #19
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I have less confidence in Red's management because of this move. Firing a manager who has been the manager for several years 15 games into a season tells me the front office is clueless
    It had to happen. The guy should've been fired after last season. Worst start in what 50-60 years? Fans have completely jumped overboard.

    What purpose is served by letting him continue to manage and continue to fail to put the team in the best possible situation to succeed?

  5. #20
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,659

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I have less confidence in Red's management because of this move. Firing a manager who has been the manager for several years 15 games into a season tells me the front office is clueless
    Or is it simply about trying to salvage the season attendance-wise by appeasing fans' wishes? (Not saying that's any smarter, either.)

  6. #21
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,659

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It had to happen. The guy should've been fired after last season. Worst start in what 50-60 years? Fans have completely jumped overboard.

    What purpose is served by letting him continue to manage and continue to fail to put the team in the best possible situation to succeed?
    This. Also, there's "success" this year (wins) as well as down the road (finding out if Blandino can be a full time 3B?). Seems like these were often in conflict.

  7. #22
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,589

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It had to happen. The guy should've been fired after last season. Worst start in what 50-60 years? Fans have completely jumped overboard.

    What purpose is served by letting him continue to manage and continue to fail to put the team in the best possible situation to succeed?
    Management should have recognized how disgruntled the fans were and fired Price in the offseason. The fact that they try to push through this year with him as manager and had such a little confidence in him that they fired him after 15 games is a big red flag on management in my opinion. There should be nothing that can happen on the baseball field in 15 games that would cause you to fire a manager who has been in place as long as Price has. The whole situation is a statement of ineptitude by Reds management.

  8. #23
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    Quote Originally Posted by blue4sure View Post
    Time to start from scratch including front office
    I don't know...I see the vision, or at least what I think the vision is, but it's still a couple years away.

    3 years from now, I see them envisioning a lineup of:

    C - Tyler Stephenson
    1B - Joey Votto
    2B - Nick Senzel
    SS - Jeter Downs
    3B - Eugenio Suarez
    OF - Jesse Winker, Taylor Trammell, ?? (Maybe Stuart Fairchild, Jose Siri, Aristides Aquino?)

    SP - Tyler Mahle, Amir Garrett, Sal Romano, Hunter Greene, Tony Santillan, etc.


    Now whether that's good enough to compete, , but I think that's the vision. Price wasn't ever going to be that guy, and management probably delayed the process by a couple years with some of their decisions, but I think I can see where they're hoping to go.

  9. #24
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Management should have recognized how disgruntled the fans were and fired Price in the offseason. The fact that they try to push through this year with him as manager and had such a little confidence in him that they fired him after 15 games is a big red flag on management in my opinion. There should be nothing that can happen on the baseball field in 15 games that would cause you to fire a manager who has been in place as long as Price has. The whole situation is a statement of ineptitude by Reds management.
    It's been 18, not 15, but I get your point. I disagree. I think the fact that they came out and have played as poorly as they have shows how bad things were with Price. This team isn't superbly talented, but they're absolutely better than 3-15.

  10. #25
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    This. Also, there's "success" this year (wins) as well as down the road (finding out if Blandino can be a full time 3B?). Seems like these were often in conflict.
    Big time. One of my biggest gripes with him was always that he managed as if winning in the present was possible or the goal. The goal has clearly been to rebuild and he needed to manage as such.

  11. #26
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,836

    Just inevitable. No joy here, though. They will not be significantly better. This team is just plain bad and even worse without Suarez and Schebler. Just not his fault. But I get it. Have to do something.

  12. #27
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,248

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I don't know...I see the vision, or at least what I think the vision is, but it's still a couple years away.

    3 years from now, I see them envisioning a lineup of:

    C - Tyler Stephenson
    1B - Joey Votto
    2B - Nick Senzel
    SS - Jeter Downs
    3B - Eugenio Suarez
    OF - Jesse Winker, Taylor Trammell, ?? (Maybe Stuart Fairchild, Jose Siri, Aristides Aquino?)

    SP - Tyler Mahle, Amir Garrett, Sal Romano, Hunter Greene, Tony Santillan, etc.


    Now whether that's good enough to compete, , but I think that's the vision. Price wasn't ever going to be that guy, and management probably delayed the process by a couple years with some of their decisions, but I think I can see where they're hoping to go.
    Shed Long will need a place to play. Maybe the Reds try him out in a corner OF spot. I’m also not ready to give up on Rob Stephenson, he showed flashes last season.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    823

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    Now the Reds have a chance to win 2 games in a row.
    You have to win 1 first.

  14. #29
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,589

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I don't know...I see the vision, or at least what I think the vision is, but it's still a couple years away.

    3 years from now, I see them envisioning a lineup of:

    C - Tyler Stephenson
    1B - Joey Votto
    2B - Nick Senzel
    SS - Jeter Downs
    3B - Eugenio Suarez
    OF - Jesse Winker, Taylor Trammell, ?? (Maybe Stuart Fairchild, Jose Siri, Aristides Aquino?)

    SP - Tyler Mahle, Amir Garrett, Sal Romano, Hunter Greene, Tony Santillan, etc.


    Now whether that's good enough to compete, , but I think that's the vision. Price wasn't ever going to be that guy, and management probably delayed the process by a couple years with some of their decisions, but I think I can see where they're hoping to go.
    Perhaps this is a topic for another thread but I am curious. At the beginning of the 2015 season, what was the Reds projected lineup for 2018?

  15. #30
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Perhaps this is a topic for another thread but I am curious. At the beginning of the 2015 season, what was the Reds projected lineup for 2018?
    No clue.

Top