Reds at Indians (6/11 - 6/12)

  1. #1
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,486

    Reds at Indians (6/11 - 6/12)

    The Reds take on the Indians in just a two game series sandwiched between two off days this week. It would sure be nice to take both of them.

    Tuesday:
    Castillo (6-1, 2.38 ERA) vs. Bauer (4-6, 3.93 ERA)

    Wednesday (afternoon game):
    DeSclafani (2-3, 4.70 ERA) vs. Plesac (1-1 1.86 ERA)

    Positive vibes for this one!
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    2,117

    Need a 2 game sweep!

  3. #3
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,486

    We are heading to extras. Hernandez deals two innings with 5 strikeouts.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,293

    And just like that Iglesias walks two and gives up two hits and you can call it a night.

  5. #5
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    10,030

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    And just like that Iglesias walks two and gives up two hits and you can call it a night.
    You just never know any more what this guy's going to give you.

  6. #6
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    10,030

    Redlegs offense is so frustrating to watch at times.

  7. #7
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,189

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    And just like that Iglesias walks two and gives up two hits and you can call it a night.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlDog75 View Post
    You just never know any more what this guy's going to give you.
    My observation is he isn't nearly as effective when brought into tie games. Bring him in with a save on the line and he is much better.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    1,080

    We had 6 walks and nothing to show for it. Had a Puig lead off double in 7th. Didnít bunt him over and he gets third on a wild pitch later. Why we shoot ourselves in the foot amazes me. We are close but keep doing these dumb things in games. And Iglesias is hit or miss. Heís cost them 4-5 games this season. Heís more of an 8th inning guy in my opinion.

  9. #9
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,486

    Another gem from a starting pitcher that unfortunately doesn't result in a win. Sorry boys, I felt good about getting both of them. Need to salvage one this afternoon.

  10. #10
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,655

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    My observation is he isn't nearly as effective when brought into tie games. Bring him in with a save on the line and he is much better.
    What was it, about a month ago, when he claimed they weren't using him "right"? He basically said he shouldn't be brought into a tie ballgame when they're on the road. It's almost like he tanks these games on purpose...almost.

  11. #11
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,189

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    What was it, about a month ago, when he claimed they weren't using him "right"? He basically said he shouldn't be brought into a tie ballgame when they're on the road. It's almost like he tanks these games on purpose...almost.
    It isn't just him. It seems like a lot of closers lose their edge when they are put into non closing situations in games.

  12. #12
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,535

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    It isn't just him. It seems like a lot of closers lose their edge when they are put into non closing situations in games.
    Just...pitch...the...ball...and...get...the...batt ers...out. His base salary for 2019 is $6,000,000.

  13. #13
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    2,117

    Castillo is 6-1 but the Reds are 7-7 when he starts. So many missed opportunities, he could have 10 wins by now.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    35

    Senzel and Votto go back to back to lead off the game

  15. #15
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,655

    Senzel and Peraza collide. Senzel still not getting up. Looks to be right ankle area.

Top