Reds at Diamondbacks (5/28 - 5/30)

  1. #1
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,642

    Reds at Diamondbacks (5/28 - 5/30)

    Billy Hamilton is a defensive liability on the field. He dove for a ball that he missed by 5 feet, leading to a triple and a Dbacks rally. Reds should cut him lose ASAP, no use for him what so ever.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    Reds at Diamondbacks (5/28-5/30)

    Reds open a three game series today with Homer on the mound. Reds score first but Peraza drops a Taylor made double play ball and Homer does what he does best and gives up a three run Home Run. Reds down 4-1.

  3. #3
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    Jim Day said the DBacks have a season average of .211 for the year. Reds will make that go up during this series.

  4. #4
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    Reds have bunted the runners over twice with Bailey for Hamilton. He is 0-2 and has left 4 runners on base. Do they he is really going to get a hit?

  5. #5
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    Homer with another Dinger. DBacks up 5-1.

  6. #6
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    9,573

    Lord Almighty Bailey is such an albatross on a team that doesn't need any more. What in blazes can they do with this problem? You can't sit him with the money they pay him.

  7. #7
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    Every infielder except Votto has an error in this game.

  8. #8
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    DuVall gets us back in the game with a bases loaded double but then JAckson Stephens gives up a three run HR to a .180 hitter. Pitching inside will kill you and Reds never learn. Away, Away and Away again!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    Reds have given up 9 runs to a team that is batting .211 for the year. Something has to be done with Bailey. Oh by the way, Hamilton strikes out again.

  10. #10
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    Peralta is throwing gas on a wild fire. He got nobody out. This may be the worst game the Reds have played all year.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,362

    Quote Originally Posted by OlDog75 View Post
    Lord Almighty Bailey is such an albatross on a team that doesn't need any more. What in blazes can they do with this problem? You can't sit him with the money they pay him.
    They can do nothing. They wasted money on him, which was a bad deal in itself. He wasn’t worth that amount, ever. Nobody will take that contract, so the Reds are stuck. I’m just glad those on here who tried justifying his contract are no longer doing so.

  12. #12
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,458

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    DuVall gets us back in the game with a bases loaded double but then JAckson Stephens gives up a three run HR to a .180 hitter. Pitching inside will kill you and Reds never learn. Away, Away and Away again!!!!!!!
    Disagree 100% on pitching inside. Good pitchers have to be able to pitch inside. Any pitcher will have little long term success if they don't pitch inside.

  13. #13
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,161

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Disagree 100% on pitching inside. Good pitchers have to be able to pitch inside. Any pitcher will have little long term success if they don't pitch inside.
    I agree, but not with two strikes and throw a straight fastball. That is why a .180 hitter is hitting HR. Pitching to a hitters strength is not a receipe for success. Even Welsh was talking about it.

  14. #14
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,715

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Billy Hamilton is a defensive liability on the field. He dove for a ball that he missed by 5 feet, leading to a triple and a Dbacks rally. Reds should cut him lose ASAP, no use for him what so ever.

  15. #15
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,715

    Quote Originally Posted by OlDog75 View Post
    Lord Almighty Bailey is such an albatross on a team that doesn't need any more. What in blazes can they do with this problem? You can't sit him with the money they pay him.
    Bullpen when Disco is back. One more start.

Top