Reds 2019 Schedule

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    14,117

    Reds 2019 Schedule

    MLB released the 2019 schedule today. Below is a link to the Reds schedule. Also here is the link to all the teams schedule as well.

    Cincinnati Reds Schedule | Cincinnati Reds

    219 MLB schedule highlights | MLB.com
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    846

    Odd schedule in that they have 2 open Fridays, April 12 and July 5. I can't remember the Reds ever having an off day on Friday. The April 12 off day is followed by 2 what are called home games against St. Louis in Monterrey, Mexico. Don't think I'll be making those home games. They do finally get Cleveland on a weekend albeit a 2 game series following the July 5 off day coming right before the All-star break.

  3. #3
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,650

    Interesting that they are keeping the Thursday Opening Day. I guess with the schedule starting sooner now, that will always be the case.

  4. #4
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,650

    Why can't they play someone like the Giants in Mexico? Not pleased they are taking Cardinals games away from GABP.

  5. #5
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,305

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Why can't they play someone like the Giants in Mexico? Not pleased they are taking Cardinals games away from GABP.
    Or San Diego. That would seem to make the most sense.

  6. #6
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,948

    Does seem like an odd fit, do those games typically sell out?

  7. #7
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,650

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Does seem like an odd fit, do those games typically sell out?
    Nah. Don't even crack 30K anymore.

  8. #8
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,713

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Why can't they play someone like the Giants in Mexico? Not pleased they are taking Cardinals games away from GABP.
    What I don't understand is why it is counted against the Reds, with regards to the number of home games. I understand it when it's the NFL and it's just one game...somebody HAS to be the home team. But, with two games here, the Reds should lose a home game, and the Cardinals should lose the other one. I don't see why it's that hard. (And it's not just about the Reds...it's a philosophical viewpoint on any two teams forced to play at a neutral site that far away.)

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    What I don't understand is why it is counted against the Reds, with regards to the number of home games. I understand it when it's the NFL and it's just one game...somebody HAS to be the home team. But, with two games here, the Reds should lose a home game, and the Cardinals should lose the other one. I don't see why it's that hard. (And it's not just about the Reds...it's a philosophical viewpoint on any two teams forced to play at a neutral site that far away.)
    That only works if you play a 4 game series out of the country. Then each team loses 2 home games, which is a series (well sorta a series.)

  10. #10
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,713

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    That only works if you play a 4 game series out of the country. Then each team loses 2 home games, which is a series (well sorta a series.)
    They're only playing 2 games in Mexico...so, you're saying they can't play 2 in St. Louis and Cincinnati? The Cards can stop off in Cincinnati for 2 on their way to Pittsburgh just as easily as they can for 3. Granted, you don't want to take away a weekend game, but if it's a Monday-Wednesday type of series, I see no harm in removing the Monday or Wednesday game. They play 18 gazillion times each year, having a 2 game series one time at each location is not going to blow things up.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    They're only playing 2 games in Mexico...so, you're saying they can't play 2 in St. Louis and Cincinnati? The Cards can stop off in Cincinnati for 2 on their way to Pittsburgh just as easily as they can for 3. Granted, you don't want to take away a weekend game, but if it's a Monday-Wednesday type of series, I see no harm in removing the Monday or Wednesday game. They play 18 gazillion times each year, having a 2 game series one time at each location is not going to blow things up.
    Its not about who they play, its about balancing the 81 home game schedule for each team.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,324

    My guess is MLB would have to pay STL more than CIN for taking away 2 home games (since they have much better support, ticket sales, front office, talent, coaching, Hardee's, etc.)

  13. #13
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,650

    Quote Originally Posted by jpa2825 View Post
    My guess is MLB would have to pay STL more than CIN for taking away 2 home games (since they have much better support, ticket sales, front office, talent, coaching, Hardee's, etc.)
    Thats a pretty good point.

  14. #14
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    I've just pushed some people and run away
    Posts
    19,699

    How much are the tickets? I'm gonna try and go to one of Cubs games.

  15. #15
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,650

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    How much are the tickets? I'm gonna try and go to one of Cubs games.
    Could probably get in the door for $12-14.

Top