Pirates at Reds (7/29 - 7/31)

Page 3 of Reds have a three game lead for 4th place in the division heading into the series against the Pirates. Tonight we have Gray on the mound (5-6, 3.29 ERA... 97 comments | 2755 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    23,362

    Wow! Garrett just attacked the Pirates dugout from the mound, that was straight WWE!
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,484

    Is this what we want representing our city????
    The lunatics have been left to run the asylum all season and this is what we get.

    How far has this organization regressed???

    Not a fan should spend a dime to support this organization in this state.

    It is sad that our fans are cheering these actions. They should be soundly booed, prior to being walked out on.

    I am disgraced through association by residency to this program.
    Beyond Sad!!!!! Tragic!!!!

    Jim Day just shut up!!!!!!!!!

  3. #33
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,635

    Garrett and David Bell were very mad. Pirates are a jerk organization led by Hurdle.

  4. #34
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Is this what we want representing our city????
    The lunatics have been left to run the asylum all season and this is what we get.

    How far has this organization regressed???

    Not a fan should spend a dime to support this organization in this state.

    It is sad that our fans are cheering these actions. They should be soundly booed, prior to being walked out on.

    I am disgraced through association by residency to this program.
    Beyond Sad!!!!! Tragic!!!!

    Jim Day just shut up!!!!!!!!!
    I'd rather this be the representation than the Pirates Manager. Clint Hurdle is complete trash. I'd rather my team stick up for each other the way they are than constantly throwing at guys and more specifically at player's heads.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,608

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Is this what we want representing our city????
    The lunatics have been left to run the asylum all season and this is what we get.

    How far has this organization regressed???

    Not a fan should spend a dime to support this organization in this state.

    It is sad that our fans are cheering these actions. They should be soundly booed, prior to being walked out on.

    I am disgraced through association by residency to this program.
    Beyond Sad!!!!! Tragic!!!!

    Jim Day just shut up!!!!!!!!!
    If this was a high school or college team I would completely agree with you. However, professional sport teams do not represent it's fans by its actions. Brawls in baseball have happened basically throughout time. So lets not act like this Reds bunch is doing anything different, that has not happened throughout baseball's history. Think about one of the replays all baseball shows a lot. It is a brawl, where Nolan Ryan has a guy in a head lock and punching him while in the head lock.

    If you say fans shouldn't be associated with this. Then no one should ever watch baseball, because this has been a part of baseball's history forever.

    If you want to talk about what needs to change. What needs to change is the whole throwing at batters on purpose. That has also been a part of the games history. However, if you stop that then most likely very few fights break out.

  6. #36
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,484

    Mr. Castellini, Is this what you envisioned when you bought this franchise???????

    Are you proud of this product???

  7. #37
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,365

    Hurdle is a straight up scum bag. Joe Maddon tried to go after him a few weeks ago. I loved seeing Garrett go after them.

  8. #38
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,704

    Votto's response to the reporter asking if the team will look a little differently tomorrow given some trade rumors and suspensions was pretty awesome.

  9. #39
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,365

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Votto's response to the reporter asking if the team will look a little differently tomorrow given some trade rumors and suspensions was pretty awesome.
    Different weight class was funny.

  10. #40
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,598

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Is this what we want representing our city????
    The lunatics have been left to run the asylum all season and this is what we get.

    How far has this organization regressed???

    Not a fan should spend a dime to support this organization in this state.

    It is sad that our fans are cheering these actions. They should be soundly booed, prior to being walked out on.

    I am disgraced through association by residency to this program.
    Beyond Sad!!!!! Tragic!!!!

    Jim Day just shut up!!!!!!!!!
    Let the record be clear - there is no bigger punk in MLB than Clint Hurdle. It isn't even close. Take every bad thing you want to say about every Reds player, stack it up and it still isn't anywhere close to the Clint Hurdle stack. He should be fired and kicked out of baseball. He encourages throwing at hitters and the record is clear on that. He can take pitching coach Ray Searage with him. Those two are pure punks. There is a reason why I asked my question in post #3. No sir, I am not faulting any Reds player, manager or coach. I am disappointed someone didn't knock Hurdle's head off when they had the chance tonight.

  11. #41
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,520

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Let the record be clear - there is no bigger punk in MLB than Clint Hurdle. It isn't even close. Take every bad thing you want to say about every Reds player, stack it up and it still isn't anywhere close to the Clint Hurdle stack. He should be fired and kicked out of baseball. He encourages throwing at hitters and the record is clear on that. He can take pitching coach Ray Searage with him. Those two are pure punks. There is a reason why I asked my question in post #3. No sir, I am not faulting any Reds player, manager or coach. I am disappointed someone didn't knock Hurdle's head off when they had the chance tonight.

    Agreed. It was either the Cubs or the Cardinals that had the same problem with Hurdle and the Pirates just a couple weeks ago. MLB needs to take a long look at Hurdle at his history of having his pitchers throwing at the heads of other teams, and make him serve a long suspension. That's the only way it will stop.

  12. #42
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Let the record be clear - there is no bigger punk in MLB than Clint Hurdle. It isn't even close. Take every bad thing you want to say about every Reds player, stack it up and it still isn't anywhere close to the Clint Hurdle stack. He should be fired and kicked out of baseball. He encourages throwing at hitters and the record is clear on that. He can take pitching coach Ray Searage with him. Those two are pure punks. There is a reason why I asked my question in post #3. No sir, I am not faulting any Reds player, manager or coach. I am disappointed someone didn't knock Hurdle's head off when they had the chance tonight.
    Buster Olney this morning said that since 2013, the Pirates lead the Major Leagues in hit batters with a fastball by 41. 41 more times than the second most.

  13. #43
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,704

    Votto has gotten some grief over the year's because the perception is that he isn't a very vocal leader. I certainly think he went against that last night as he approached the Pirates dugout between innings after Dietrich got the ball thrown at his head. And again, great post game interview.

  14. #44
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,704

    Few games I've wanted the Reds to win more tan today's, which probably really doesn't matter much in the grand scheme.

  15. #45
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,752

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Few games I've wanted the Reds to win more tan today's, which probably really doesn't matter much in the grand scheme.
    Right there with you (as far as wanting the W), although you would think a win today could go a long way to galvanizing this team for the dog days of August.

Top