Pirates at Reds (5/27 - 5/29)

Page 5 of The 24-28 Reds, off a nice series win of the Cubs in Chicago, come back home to host the 25-25 Pirates who have lost three in a row. Due to the postpon... 74 comments | 2548 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,039

    Think about this, Dietrich is putting up HR and RBI'S in these four games that Votto has all year.
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,285

    They said that we could leave if we wanted to at 1:15pm and since I'm going to hit the bonus level I want to with out without the game, I went ahead and left. Even if they eventually let the guys in, we would have had to leave at 3:05pm.

    Here's to hoping they win.

  3. #63
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,506

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    They said that we could leave if we wanted to at 1:15pm and since I'm going to hit the bonus level I want to with out without the game, I went ahead and left. Even if they eventually let the guys in, we would have had to leave at 3:05pm.

    Here's to hoping they win.
    So, the "timer" kicks in even if the game doesn't officially start? Seems odd they'd cut their own throat if the game itself doesn't start until 3:05 or later.

  4. #64
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,408

    Gosh this team makes me want to pull my hair out at times.

  5. #65
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,039

    A pitcher named Blaut and we can't touch him.

  6. #66
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,545

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Think about this, Dietrich is putting up HR and RBI'S in these four games that Votto has all year.
    Why even continue to discuss Votto?

  7. #67
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,545

    Pittsburgh hitting Suarez was a crappy "Unwritten Rules" payback from last night. Pittsburgh is fine with their pitchers celebrating and talking smack after a big out, but get their panties in a wad when Dietrich stares down an HR.

  8. #68
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,408

    If the Reds don’t drill Josh Bell when he bats in the 9th then they might as well pack up the equipment for the rest of the year.

  9. #69
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,408

    Pathetic

  10. #70
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,039

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Why even continue to discuss Votto?
    Because he an issue with the Cincinnati Reds. Did I say anything that was not true?

  11. #71
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,545

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Because he an issue with the Cincinnati Reds. Did I say anything that was not true?
    No, but a lot of players suck and we don't have to repeat that they suck every day...even when they don't play for 3 straight games.

  12. #72
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,485

    Next man up.

  13. #73
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,039

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    No, but a lot of players suck and we don't have to repeat that they suck every day...even when they don't play for 3 straight games.
    That's true, but when Votto sucks it effects the Reds a lot more than when VanMeter sucks.

  14. #74
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,285

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    So, the "timer" kicks in even if the game doesn't officially start? Seems odd they'd cut their own throat if the game itself doesn't start until 3:05 or later.
    End of the 7th or 2.5 hours after the scheduled start. I am not really sure why that's the rule but it is for us.

  15. #75
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,978

    Baseball needs to come down on the Pirates. If you look at the stats it is obvious that Clint Hurdle and Ray Searage believe in hitting batters. The Pirates are among the league leaders, and may actually be the league leader, in hitting batters during the Hurdle / Searage years.

Top