Pirates at Reds (7/20 - 7/22)

  1. #1
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,084

    Pirates at Reds (7/20 - 7/22)

    Mahle
    DeSclafani
    Harvey

    Is this the last start for Harvey?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Birds Nest
    Posts
    1,601

    Supposed to go to the game tonight, chances that it is still on?

  3. #3
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,084

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSide View Post
    Supposed to go to the game tonight, chances that it is still on?
    I'd say not great.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,255

    Why no Votto in starting lineup?

  5. #5
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,084

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    Why no Votto in starting lineup?
    Extra day from All-Star activities and they might be banking on a long rain delay or no game at all. Looks like just an extra off day, haven't said yet.

  6. #6
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,084

    Mark Sheldon
    ‏Verified account @m_sheldon

    Bailey will return to #reds rotation Tuesday. Romano available out of bullpen for next couple of days. Possible he might start Weds if not used in relief. Castillo starts Monday


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Mark Sheldon
    ‏Verified account @m_sheldon

    Bailey will return to #reds rotation Tuesday. Romano available out of bullpen for next couple of days. Possible he might start Weds if not used in relief. Castillo starts Monday

    If short trigger Riggy wasnt the manager Id consider a 6 man rotation for a while, give the young arms rest the remainder of the year.



    BTW they should just call tonights game now, it aint happening.

  8. #8
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,084

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    If short trigger Riggy wasnt the manager Id consider a 6 man rotation for a while, give the young arms rest the remainder of the year.



    BTW they should just call tonights game now, it aint happening.
    Tomorrow doesn’t look great either.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Tomorrow doesn’t look great either.
    Its the Pirates, they play them the last series of the year, we can have 3 days of double headers to end the year, lol.

  10. #10
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,571

    Why should Sal Romano stay in the rotation?

  11. #11
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,084

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Why should Sal Romano stay in the rotation?
    Why should Homer?

  12. #12
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,571

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Why should Homer?
    Flip a coin. One is as bad as the other. With Homer, we do have several years of success. With Sal, we don't have any extended success yet to cause us to believe he can be a capable MLB starter.

    On this team with no playoff hopes, I am good with giving Homer 4 or 5 starts to show me he is back while giving Sal a chance to step back and try to find something that will help him move forward.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Flip a coin. One is as bad as the other. With Homer, we do have several years of success. With Sal, we don't have any extended success yet to cause us to believe he can be a capable MLB starter.

    On this team with no playoff hopes, I am good with giving Homer 4 or 5 starts to show me he is back while giving Sal a chance to step back and try to find something that will help him move forward.
    Believe it or not at current Romano's stats are better than Disco's. That last outing killed Disco.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Believe it or not at current Romano's stats are better than Disco's. That last outing killed Disco.
    Oh wait, he cant see my post, lol.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    908

    First pitch scheduled for 9:55?

Top