Orioles @ Reds (4/18 - 4/20)

Page 7 of Reds need a bounce back series after dropping three to the Brewers. Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 100 comments | 2379 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    234

    Just heard on the way to work that Winker has been called up again. I think they should give him the job in right field and see what he can do. Schebler really struggling.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    56,288

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Reds no offense two games in a row and waste two good pitching games. Lose 2-1.
    14 whiffs and two hits.

  3. #93
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    5,587

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Cingrani to the DL with an oblique injury.
    Knew it wasn't good when I saw him in the dugout and not the bullpen.

  4. #94
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,690

    Winker here to try and jump start the offense? I like the sense of urgency the Reds seem to be putting into things this season. Two game hitting slump and boom ... try something. If nothing else that will help pacify fans who go chicken little on every loss or bad game.

  5. #95
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Every atom in our bodies came from a star that exploded. The atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. We are all stardust."
    Posts
    6,989

    I haven't liked the Reds' hitting approach for years now. They simply do not work the count enough. Lots of first pitch hitting, swinging at pitches out of the zone, not seeing enough pitches.

  6. #96
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders, will soon be forgotten.
    Posts
    19,531

    How far is Garrett gonna fall once the league adjust and his stats adjust? I'm having a hard time projecting his drop off.

  7. #97
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    15,679

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    How far is Garrett gonna fall once the league adjust and his stats adjust? I'm having a hard time projecting his drop off.
    It'll be a fairly significant drop. His velocity isn't all that great. Once they start sitting on that fastballit won't be pretty. He won't be awful but nothing like he has been.

  8. #98
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,718

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    It'll be a fairly significant drop. His velocity isn't all that great. Once they start sitting on that fastballit won't be pretty. He won't be awful but nothing like he has been.
    Typical AJG. If he were a Red Sox though .............

  9. #99
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    15,679

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Typical AJG. If he were a Red Sox though .............
    Excuse me if I don't think Garrett is going to be the next Greg Maddux just because he has had 3 good starts while throwing 91 mph. Check back in July and see if he's putting up a 1.88 ERA.

  10. #100
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    55,718

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Excuse me if I don't think Garrett is going to be the next Greg Maddux just because he has had 3 good starts while throwing 91 mph. Check back in July and see if he's putting up a 1.88 ERA.
    At least 90% of your post about the Reds are negative and everyone knows it. You would have called Don Gullett an average pitcher when he first came up. You would have criticized the trade with the Astros in 71. You would have ridiculed the Reds for trading Frank Duffy to the Giants for a 4th or 5th outfielder. Like i've said previously you have to let 1975 go at sometime.

  11. #101
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    15,679

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    At least 90% of your post about the Reds are negative and everyone knows it. You would have called Don Gullett an average pitcher when he first came up. You would have criticized the trade with the Astros in 71. You would have ridiculed the Reds for trading Frank Duffy to the Giants for a 4th or 5th outfielder. Like i've said previously you have to let 1975 go at sometime.
    Those 3 World Series since 2004 have more than made up for anything that happened when I was 5. I'd be glad to talk other teams if anyone talked about anyone besides the Reds. I'm not blinded to the bad moves that the Reds front office makes or the warts on their superstar prospects because I'm not a Reds fan. I can point out plenty on the Red Sox too.

Top