Joe Buck is terrible, and has always been

Page 2 of How did he see that first-base dig as a play that should have been challenged? Good grief. Just go away. You lost whatever 85mph fastball you may have ... 43 comments | 553 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    285

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Watching live we all see the same thing as Buck. And he misses bad, consistently. But sure, challenge that obvious call. Maybe get Tim McCarver's awfulness in with you to reassure you that the wrong call was the right one.
    I agree with you about McCarver, he was the worst. I'm with VoR about Buck, not terrible but overrated.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,357

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Would you still be the same, sweet guy?
    Absolutely. People might hate me for honesty, but I can live with that.

  3. #18
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,126

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Absolutely. People might hate me for honesty, but I can live with that.
    Preach it Brother Schue!

  4. #19
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,357

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    I agree with you about McCarver, he was the worst. I'm with VoR about Buck, not terrible but overrated.
    You're letting stuff go that you shouldn't. Buck is horrible.

  5. #20
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,357

    I can forgive a lot of stuff from crummy announcers during the regular season, and there are lots of them. But if you're on the call for the WS, be right, all the time.

  6. #21
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,526

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    I can forgive a lot of stuff from crummy announcers during the regular season, and there are lots of them. But if you're on the call for the WS, be right, all the time.
    I think you're just overreacting a little bit. I'll tell you what, why don't you do your own play by play analysis of game 7 tomorrow night and post it on BGP and we'll judge how you do? There is a reason Joe Buck is on the call of every major sporting event on FOX. You may not like him, but he does a darn good job.

  7. #22
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,526

    By the way I posted a thread about Buck a couple of weeks ago. Where were you?

  8. #23
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,821

    Buck is good. Schue hates everything. Nothing to see here.

  9. #24
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,769

    Buck is one of the best in the game, which is exactly why Jim hates him. Always a contrarian.

  10. #25
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    9,196

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    You're letting stuff go that you shouldn't. Buck is horrible.
    Give us a couple of your picks for WS broadcaster Jim.

  11. #26
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,256

    I would love to hear Vin Scully call at least one inning tonight.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    597

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    I would love to hear Vin Scully call at least one inning tonight.
    That would be terrific - Scully calling a walk-off in game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Wow!

    Two reasons I'm pulling for the Dodgers - Scully and Lasorda. Class acts, both.

    Regarding Joe Buck - I've felt he's been a little distracted this post-season. Perhaps Kyle Schwarber's struggles - Kyle was his man-crush last year - have weighed on his mind.

  13. #28
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    You got BBQ back there and didn't invite me? HURT. MY. FEELINGS!
    Posts
    7,526

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't_Hate_the_Playa View Post
    That would be terrific - Scully calling a walk-off in game 7 at Dodger Stadium. Wow!

    Two reasons I'm pulling for the Dodgers - Scully and Lasorda. Class acts, both.

    Regarding Joe Buck - I've felt he's been a little distracted this post-season. Perhaps Kyle Schwarber's struggles - Kyle was his man-crush last year - have weighed on his mind.
    Did you hear what Lasorda said to Dave Roberts last night after the game?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    597

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Did you hear what Lasorda said to Dave Roberts last night after the game?
    I heard about it and think it's awesome - the guy is 90 years old and still throwing down. If I'm not mistaken that's been his message to Roberts since the playoffs started.

    He's right, too. I can't imagine anything in sports more disappointing than losing in game 7 of the finals - at home.

  15. #30
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    28,050

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    I would love to hear Vin Scully call at least one inning tonight.
    Vin Scully may be the worst baseball TV guy I have ever heard. His style is great for radio and terrible for TV.

Top