Ichiro Gets His 4,000th Career hit

Page 3 of Originally Posted by nkufan23 I love me some Ichiro. Wish the Reds would have pursued him in the offseason. He was more of what they needed than Byrd w... 40 comments | 1539 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,686

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    I love me some Ichiro. Wish the Reds would have pursued him in the offseason. He was more of what they needed than Byrd was.

    HOF'er for sure.
    Yep. That .340 OBP would sure look nice at the top of the lineup...
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    39,877

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Ichiro is 102 hits away from being baseball's all-time hits leader.

    He's also 123 hits away from hitting the 3,000 mark in MLB.
    Doesn't seem like Ichiro has been around long enough to be near the 3,000 hit mark. Dude used to rack up hits like it was going out of style.

  3. #33
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,686

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Doesn't seem like Ichiro has been around long enough to be near the 3,000 hit mark. Dude used to rack up hits like it was going out of style.
    Yep. Would have loved to see him begin his career over here instead of Japan. Really think he'd be closing in on Rose's record.

  4. #34
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    You can't teach what he does.

  5. #35
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    39,877

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Yep. Would have loved to see him begin his career over here instead of Japan. Really think he'd be closing in on Rose's record.
    It would be close. I think he played 7 full seasons in Japan and a little over 1,200 hits. Their seasons were shorter, but the competition was weaker. I think you could give him 1,000 additional hits and he would be around that 4,000 hit mark today had he spent his whole career here.

  6. #36
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,686

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    It would be close. I think he played 7 full seasons in Japan and a little over 1,200 hits. Their seasons were shorter, but the competition was weaker. I think you could give him 1,000 additional hits and he would be around that 4,000 hit mark today had he spent his whole career here.
    His first season in the majors he had well over 200 hits and hit .350+. I have no reason to think he wouldn't have averaged at least 175 hits over those 7 years. That would put him at 4,102 hits right now.

  7. #37
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,238

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Yep. That .340 OBP would sure look nice at the top of the lineup...
    No doubt about it. Votto hitting behind him would've been very nice.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,464

  9. #39
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,686

    Ichiro is transitioning to a new role with the Mariners and won't play again in 2018. Said he's not officially retiring quite yet.

    If this is the end for Ichiro, he ends his career with 3,089 hits in the ML and 4,367 total professional hits. The most of all-time.

    Easy 1st ballot HoFer...

  10. #40

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,326

    Pete Rose had 4600+ professional hits.

  11. #41
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    3,939

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    Pete Rose had 4600+ professional hits.
    And that doesn't even include all the hits he got at the blackjack table.

Top