Cubs at Reds (8/8 - 8/11)

Page 4 of Big Series, maybe the biggest of the year. If the Reds are going to truly be in it, this weekend is the time to make the move. The Reds come in 4 games... 174 comments | 3034 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,163

    Of course disappointed by the loss. Worst player on the night was Peraza.

    BUT - I have to say Farmer pitching was hilarious. I laughed out loud the whole time. If you did not see it, you have to pull up the video. Basically, he threw nothing but 30 MPH Ephus pitches. Theyw ouldn't even register on the radar gun. It looked like softball. Cubs batters were running up in the box trying to hit it. Pitched an inning and a third of no run, 1 hit baseball.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,646

    Whelp, it was fun while it lasted boys. There's no chance they win the next three after last night's fiasco. So, the season came to an unofficial end last night. They kept it interesting to the beginning of the football preseason, so at least there's no dead period we have to go through.
    @nkypete , go ahead and pack your bags. Looks like you won't have to wait until September to get a call up. @futurecoach , you got your Dalton comments ready for the Bengals' threads? Looks like we may have more time to focus on them now.

  3. #48
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,163

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Whelp, it was fun while it lasted boys. There's no chance they win the next three after last night's fiasco. So, the season came to an unofficial end last night. They kept it interesting to the beginning of the football preseason, so at least there's no dead period we have to go through.
    @nkypete , go ahead and pack your bags. Looks like you won't have to wait until September to get a call up. @futurecoach , you got your Dalton comments ready for the Bengals' threads? Looks like we may have more time to focus on them now.
    Why do you say "no chance they win three the next three after last night's fiasco"? What about last night's game makes you say that?

    I am not saying the win the next three. I am asking because I didn't see anything that happened last night that makes me say no chance they win the next three.

  4. #49
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,475

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Why do you say "no chance they win three the next three after last night's fiasco"? What about last night's game makes you say that?

    I am not saying the win the next three. I am asking because I didn't see anything that happened last night that makes me say no chance they win the next three.

    He's in my school taking classes. I thought you knew that. Please don't discourage him when he's out in the field trying to do a job.

  5. #50
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    6,081

    I never thought they had a chance to win the division going into last night. The only way into the playoffs is the wild card. There are a lot of teams to pass, but they are still only 3 back in the loss column.
    So, while it still may be a stretch to get the second wild card they are not out of it by any means. Still a lot of meaningful baseball to be played. That being said, if they do get swept in this series, I may be willing to throw in the towel.

  6. #51
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,646

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    He's in my school taking classes. I thought you knew that. Please don't discourage him when he's out in the field trying to do a job.
    Trying my best, boss.

  7. #52
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,308

    I have three reasons we won't win the next three. Darvish, Hendricks and Lester. Cubs will hit our pitching but Reds won't hit their pitching. We watch to much.

  8. #53
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,163

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    I have three reasons we won't win the next three. Darvish, Hendricks and Lester. Cubs will hit our pitching but Reds won't hit their pitching. We watch to much.
    In other words, the Cubs are a better team than the Reds.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,984

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    In other words, the Cubs are a better team than the Reds.
    I think it’s more frustration (which all of us Reds fans feel) with this team that in the last 2-3 years every time they’ve had a chance to fight their way back into something they’ve completely forgotten to show up, like again last night!

  10. #55
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,308

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    In other words, the Cubs are a better team than the Reds.
    Yes, the Cubs are better than the Reds especially on offense.

  11. #56
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,308

    Bauer just gave up another Home Run to this gut the Cubs just traded for. The problem is that he went full count to the first hitter and 3-0 on the second hitter before 94 right down the middle.

  12. #57
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,308

    I am not going to post what Votto did in his first AB, everybody already knows.

  13. #58
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,308

    Darvish strikes out the side on ten pitches.

  14. #59
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,308

    Bauer set them down in order in the second.

  15. #60
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,308

    Darvish maybe hard on Aquino tonight. VanMeter doubles.

Top