Cincinnati Reds Offseason

Page 5 of Now that the season is over, lets have some discussion on what the Reds should or should not do in the offseason. First of all, they need to find a man... 113 comments | 3726 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    173

    Who do the Reds go after to play center, or do you believe they are in house already?
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,758

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWyngz View Post
    Who do the Reds go after to play center, or do you believe they are in house already?
    I think the initial hope is Senzel can do it.

    I wouldn't mind seeing them make a run at AJ Pollack in Free Agency though.

  3. #63
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,861

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWyngz View Post
    Who do the Reds go after to play center, or do you believe they are in house already?
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I think the initial hope is Senzel can do it.

    I wouldn't mind seeing them make a run at AJ Pollack in Free Agency though.
    I'd say the intitial thought is to have Schebler and/or Ervin play center. Both have done it, at least briefly, in the past. That'd leave one of the corner spots for Senzel. I don't know what his arm and speed are for the outfield, but I wouldn't be surprised if left field is where he ends up.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    173

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I think the initial hope is Senzel can do it.

    I wouldn't mind seeing them make a run at AJ Pollack in Free Agency though.
    I agree on Pollack, depending on the asking price.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,120

    How about Peraza in center with Suarez shifting over to short and Senzel playing 3rd.

  6. #66
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,758

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    How about Peraza in center with Suarez shifting over to short and Senzel playing 3rd.
    Could it work? Maybe, but why are we always so quick to want to move established guys to other positions instead of unproven prospects?

  7. #67
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,684

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I think the initial hope is Senzel can do it.

    I wouldn't mind seeing them make a run at AJ Pollack in Free Agency though.
    Winker-Senzel-Schebler sounds like the worst defensive outfield in the league. Hopefully they hit enough to make up for it.

  8. #68
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,758

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Winker-Senzel-Schebler sounds like the worst defensive outfield in the league. Hopefully they hit enough to make up for it.
    Cool.

  9. #69
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,684

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Cool.
    I mean, I think you have to hope Senzel is at least an average centerfielder for that to work at all, right? If Schebler has to play center it's a disaster defensively.

  10. #70
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,758

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    I mean, I think you have to hope Senzel is at least an average centerfielder for that to work at all, right? If Schebler has to play center it's a disaster defensively.
    I mean, there's absolutely zero evidence that Senzel wouldn't be a completely capable defensive CF. I don't think it's fair to assume anything one way or the other until he's given it a try. Maybe that's just me.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    173

    Jon Morosi

    Verified account
    @jonmorosi
    3h3 hours ago
    More
    #Reds are open to an intrastate blockbuster trade with #Indians for Corey Kluber or Trevor Bauer, sources say, although there hasn’t been recent progress on a deal. Reds want a top pitcher and aren’t a favorite for No. 1 free agent Patrick Corbin. @MLBNetwork @MLB

  12. #72
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,166

    ^ That would certainly be interesting but would probably take Senzel and Greene which I’m not sure I like that idea.

  13. #73
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,758

    Bleacher Report put out a pre-Winter Meetings prediction for the top 25 FA's as to where they'll sign and what each contract will be. They predict the Reds will sign #3 FA Dallas Keuchel to a 4 year, $84 Million deal.

  14. #74
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,166

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Bleacher Report put out a pre-Winter Meetings prediction for the top 25 FA's as to where they'll sign and what each contract will be. They predict the Reds will sign #3 FA Dallas Keuchel to a 4 year, $84 Million deal.
    I'd be pleased with that.

  15. #75
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Somewhere in the USA, standing & saluting those who defend our flag.
    Posts
    22,264

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    ^ That would certainly be interesting but would probably take Senzel and Greene which I’m not sure I like that idea.
    Greene will be nursing a sprained UCL next year at what 20? Kluber and Bauer are proven. You wouldn’t take a Cy Young winner for a prospect?

Top