- Apr 4, 12, 08:51 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 10
- The time has come for someone to put his foot down, and That Foot Is ME!
Cardinals 4 Marlins 1Final.
First game of the season.Advertisement
- Apr 4, 12, 08:54 PM #2Why did they have a one game series to open the season?
- Apr 4, 12, 09:47 PM #3
- Apr 4, 12, 09:48 PM #4
- Apr 5, 12, 02:55 AM #5MIAMI -- An accidental starter on opening day for the second time in ihs Cardinals career, Kyle Lohse pitched every bit like a deserving No. 1 as he drove the Cardinals to a 4-1 victory Wednesday night on opening at Marlins Park.
Lohse (1-0) did not allow a run when he was in the game and finished with 7 1/3 strong innings during which he allowed only two hits. Lohse took a no-hitter through six innings before handing a 4-0 lead over to the bullpen.
Read more: Lohse shuts down Marlins in new park's debut
- Apr 5, 12, 02:56 AM #6MIAMI • The saying goes that they don't put your spring training averages on your bubblegum cards. If they did, David Freese and Rafael Furcal would have enjoyed the gum more, and that's saying something for anybody who has had that particular chewing experience.
Third baseman Freese, the World Series most valuable player for the Cardinals in 2011, hit .188 in spring training and Furcal, the "happy flight" guy, batted .192.
Read more: Freese, Furcal break out
- Apr 5, 12, 06:19 AM #7
Really glad Matheny got his first W and that is out of the way. Nice solid win. Freese picks up where he left off.
- Join Date
- May 10
- Apr 5, 12, 07:44 AM #8
- Apr 5, 12, 07:51 AM #9Technically, not "Opening Day" as that happened last week, but so glad the season is officially here!
- Apr 5, 12, 08:03 AM #10
- Apr 5, 12, 09:52 PM #11I'm just glad we didn't have a separate thread for each pitch that Kyle Lohse threw.
- Apr 6, 12, 04:25 AM #12Maybe I'll start one for each World Series the Cards have won.
- Apr 6, 12, 07:30 AM #13
- Apr 6, 12, 07:33 AM #14
- Apr 6, 12, 08:08 AM #15
- Apr 6, 12, 08:15 AM #16^Last Wednesday and Thursday I believe...
- Apr 6, 12, 08:17 AM #17
- Apr 6, 12, 08:22 AM #18It was on tape delay on the MLB network. If opening day starts in Japan and no one sees it did it really happen?
- Apr 6, 12, 08:32 AM #19
- Apr 6, 12, 09:01 AM #20
- Join Date
- Oct 02
- You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen