Brewers at Reds (6/28 - 7/1)

  1. #1
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,204

    Brewers at Reds (6/28 - 7/1)

    Let's keep it rolling boys!
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,182

    Hunter Greene shines again; Home Runs for everyone | redsminorleagues.com

    Hunter Greene took the mound in Dayton on Wednesday night and he put together another strong start for the Dragons. The 18-year-old dominated the Great Lakes Loons over 6.0 innings. Greene walked two batters and struck out seven, while giving up just three hits on the night. The righty needed just 78 pitches to get through his six frames of work.

    Over his last nine starts, dating back to May 12th, Greene has made nine starts and posted a 2.68 ERA. Thatís come in 43.2 innings pitched where heís walked just nine batters and heís struck out 49 batters. Heís been flat out dominating the Midwest League for the last six weeks and thereís no sign that heís slowing down.



    He's been great since his rocky start.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    hills
    Posts
    1,359

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Hunter Greene shines again; Home Runs for everyone | redsminorleagues.com


    Hunter Greene took the mound in Dayton on Wednesday night and he put together another strong start for the Dragons. The 18-year-old dominated the Great Lakes Loons over 6.0 innings. Greene walked two batters and struck out seven, while giving up just three hits on the night. The righty needed just 78 pitches to get through his six frames of work.

    Over his last nine starts, dating back to May 12th, Greene has made nine starts and posted a 2.68 ERA. That’s come in 43.2 innings pitched where he’s walked just nine batters and he’s struck out 49 batters. He’s been flat out dominating the Midwest League for the last six weeks and there’s no sign that he’s slowing down.



    He's been great since his rocky start.
    I went up to Dayton and watched him pitch last night. He hit 99 on the gun once. His fastball was consistently at 97 until the top of 4th after a really long bottom of the 3rd. He finished the game st 94 or 95. He threw several nice slider/curves at 83. He was dominant! Very impressed.

  4. #4
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,864

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsmaniac View Post
    I went up to Dayton and watched him pitch last night. He hit 99 on the gun once. His fastball was consistently at 97 until the top of 4th after a really long bottom of the 3rd. He finished the game st 94 or 95. He threw several nice slider/curves at 83. He was dominant! Very impressed.
    I am sooooo going to sound like Chris Welsh here, but...I don't really care about what the radar gun says. Can the kid hit his spots? Can he change speeds? Does he have a good #2 or #3? Can he get hitters out? Can he do it multiple times? Does he have the endurance to last more than 5 innings? Look, if the kid ends up being the second coming of Aroldis Champan and can pump heaters by people all day long, then great.
    But, I'd much rather he become a good pitcher, instead of just a hard thrower.

    (Not knocking your report Sportsmaniac, just that it seems we rely on the radar gun too much as to how a kid is progressing.)

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    hills
    Posts
    1,359

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    I am sooooo going to sound like Chris Welsh here, but...I don't really care about what the radar gun says. Can the kid hit his spots? Can he change speeds? Does he have a good #2 or #3? Can he get hitters out? Can he do it multiple times? Does he have the endurance to last more than 5 innings? Look, if the kid ends up being the second coming of Aroldis Champan and can pump heaters by people all day long, then great.
    But, I'd much rather he become a good pitcher, instead of just a hard thrower.

    (Not knocking your report Sportsmaniac, just that it seems we rely on the radar gun too much as to how a kid is progressing.)
    I would agree with you Cincy Sports Fan! I couldn’t tell about his location from where I was sitting. His 2nd pitch seemed pretty good. He still has work to do, but for a 19 year old I thought he looked good.

  6. #6
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,182

    Winker NEEDS TO PLAY EVERDAY!

  7. #7
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Winker NEEDS TO PLAY EVERDAY!
    I was just coming to post what happened to Winker being the odd man out. I am glad that didn’t last.

  8. #8
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,182

    Reds killer.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    hills
    Posts
    1,359

    That hurts!

  10. #10
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    9,019

    Reds pitchers just can't give up the HR's they that have tonight. Disco just spun up a high curve ball with two strikes and Garret got behind 2-0 to a flat Reds killer. Just can't pitch from behind to those mashers. No matter how fast, they can hit it.

  11. #11
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,182

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Reds killer.
    @EricThames loves playing the Reds.

    He now has 13 HR and 24 RBI in 20 career games against them. https://twitter.com/MLBStatoftheDay/status/112589877854321/video/1

  12. #12
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    @EricThames loves playing the Reds.

    He now has 13 HR and 24 RBI in 20 career games against them. https://twitter.com/MLBStatoftheDay/status/112589877854321/video/1
    And Thames is 3-3 with 3 homeruns against Garrett.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    I am sooooo going to sound like Chris Welsh here, but...I don't really care about what the radar gun says. Can the kid hit his spots? Can he change speeds? Does he have a good #2 or #3? Can he get hitters out? Can he do it multiple times? Does he have the endurance to last more than 5 innings? Look, if the kid ends up being the second coming of Aroldis Champan and can pump heaters by people all day long, then great.
    But, I'd much rather he become a good pitcher, instead of just a hard thrower.

    (Not knocking your report Sportsmaniac, just that it seems we rely on the radar gun too much as to how a kid is progressing.)
    Agreed, also my biggest thing is the Reds pitchers pitch counts are always high, ever since the mid 90's. That is the biggest plus for me on Hunter Greene, he seems to be doing more with less pitches, for now.

  14. #14
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    9,019

    Reds lose and give up 5 runs on two swings. Reds have given away their last two lost games. If going to make a com back, can't give games away.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    What is it about the Brewers the Reds cant shake. Brewers have been the kriptonite for the Reds since they came over from the American League.

Top