Brewers at Reds (4/30 - 5/2)

Page 4 of Split with Atlanta and then won a series with the Twins on the road. Brewers coming to town for 3 and we are back to 7:10pm start times. Sort of wish t... 85 comments | 2728 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,738

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    Duvall with two K’s already. Both with runners in scoring position. Herrera with his first big league hit.
    Duvall earning those nightly ABs tonight...
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,597

    Another very generous scoring decision. Peraza throws high to first on a ball he easily got to going up the middle and it is scored a hit. Ridiculous.

  3. #48
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,188

    Homer giving up rockets all over the field. Reds have not won a game Homer has started this year.

  4. #49
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,248

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Duvall earning those nightly ABs tonight...
    Duvall picked off at second base with Suarez on first base and Barnhart at the plate with a chance to do some damage.

  5. #50
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,663

    What the heck is New York looking at?!?!? Duvall call should have been an easy one to reverse.

  6. #51
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,248

    Peraza on first with no outs and another K for Duvall.

  7. #52
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,663

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    Peraza on first with no outs and another K for Duvall.
    Just seems like he's guessing on a lot of those swings. Don't know if it's because he's pressing or what. They need to just send him down to Louisville where he can get 4 AB's each and every night without feeling the MLB pressure to perform. Get his timing back. Get his eye back. Whatever it takes.

  8. #53
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,188

    Men on first and third with one out and Votto strikes out looking. For the love of me, I do not understand his theory of taking those close pitches with two strikes and the game on the line. He acts like the umpires would never call him out.

  9. #54
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,188

    This game lands on Votto. Swing the bat young man. This team requires you to knock in those runs for the Reds to have any kind of success.

  10. #55
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,663

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    This game lands on Votto. Swing the bat young man. This team requires you to knock in those runs for the Reds to have any kind of success.
    Pitching staff gives up 7 runs. Reds, as a team, leave 10 on base. No way you can pin this loss solely on Votto.

  11. #56
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,188

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Pitching staff gives up 7 runs. Reds, as a team, leave 10 on base. No way you can pin this loss solely on Votto.
    I agree with every thing you said but we had the tying and go ahead runs on base with our best player at the plate. And he goes down looking.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    823

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    I agree with every thing you said but we had the tying and go ahead runs on base with our best player at the plate. And he goes down looking.
    As good as Votto is he goes "airhead" at times and that is not going to change.

  13. #58
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,597

    You just have to tip your hat to the pitcher on that Votto strikeout. Votto did swing and fouled a pitch off. He didn't stand there and look at 3 strikes. On the called third strike, it was an excellent pitch on the edge of the strike box in a spot where Votto could do nothing with it. Great pitch.

  14. #59
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,248

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Just seems like he's guessing on a lot of those swings. Don't know if it's because he's pressing or what. They need to just send him down to Louisville where he can get 4 AB's each and every night without feeling the MLB pressure to perform. Get his timing back. Get his eye back. Whatever it takes.
    He’s a swing for the fences guy. The only way he has any success is if a guy accidentally hangs one of those breaking balls that are supposed to be in the dirt. He can’t lay off the breaking ball.

    I fell asleep in the 7th but I see in the box score where Winker came in to pinch hit and came away with a hit. Winker needs to play everyday, no excuses.

  15. #60
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,506

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Reds going to have to come from behind again tonight. Homer gives up 2 big bombs in the first. Down 3-0 before they get to bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Homer giving up rockets all over the field. Reds have not won a game Homer has started this year.
    Have I mentioned here that I can't stand Homer Bailey?

Top