Brewers 3 Cubs 1

  1. #1
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    59,627

    Brewers 3 Cubs 1

    Brew Crew wins the Division tiebreaker. Yelich (MVP) wins batting title and finishes 1 homer and 1 RBI short in the triple crown categories.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,183

    Cubs to face the Rockies in the one-game wild card round, as the LA beats Colorado today 5-2 to capture the NL West crown.

  3. #3
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,506

    Flying the L in this one really puts the Cubs up against it. Playing 2 do or die games just to get to the NLDS can't help getting their pitching set up. It will be one heck of a story if they go on a run from here. They can certainly do it but man that's tough.

  4. #4
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    22,841

    I think it’s stupid to have these do or die games for the division. Screws all 4 teams in getting their rotations set. Tiebreaker should be whoever won the season series. Oh well the fact we stayed in first till the end with extensive DL trips by Bryant, Darvish, Morrow and lesser trips by countless others like Russell and all his drama, Heyward, Strop, Carl Edwards, Duensing, Montgomery, and the disaster that Chatwood was. I don’t think we have a chance at a deep playoff run.

  5. #5
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    I've just pushed some people and run away
    Posts
    20,026

    Lester is starting tonight against Colorado

  6. #6
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    20,972

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Lester is starting tonight against Colorado
    Go Rockies

  7. #7
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,782

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Brew Crew wins the Division tiebreaker. Yelich (MVP) wins batting title and finishes 1 homer and 1 RBI short in the triple crown categories.
    If he would've gotten it, would there have been an asterisk, since they had the extra game?

  8. #8
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,440

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I think it’s stupid to have these do or die games for the division. Screws all 4 teams in getting their rotations set. Tiebreaker should be whoever won the season series. Oh well the fact we stayed in first till the end with extensive DL trips by Bryant, Darvish, Morrow and lesser trips by countless others like Russell and all his drama, Heyward, Strop, Carl Edwards, Duensing, Montgomery, and the disaster that Chatwood was. I don’t think we have a chance at a deep playoff run.
    They’re great when you’re not facing a Wild Card game the next night. When the Twins beat the Tigers in one in 2009 I all but ran laps around my apartment building.

    But with the two losers of these games going to the Wild Card game, they feel like a relic of a different time.

  9. #9
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,283

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    If he would've gotten it, would there have been an asterisk, since they had the extra game?
    I say no, since Baez won the RBI title and Arenado the HR crown and both those guys played 163 as well.

  10. #10
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    22,841

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    They’re great when you’re not facing a Wild Card game the next night. When the Twins beat the Tigers in one in 2009 I all but ran laps around my apartment building.

    But with the two losers of these games going to the Wild Card game, they feel like a relic of a different time.
    I despise the entire wildcard set up now. IMO it was better when the the wildcard played the team with the best record that wasn’t in their division.

  11. #11
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,506

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I despise the entire wildcard set up now. IMO it was better when the the wildcard played the team with the best record that wasn’t in their division.
    I get that they are trying to keep more teams involved in the playoff chase deep into the season and reward the division winners, but I agree. I'd go back to one wild card. If you want to reward the division winners give them 4/5 at home in the first round.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,183

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    If he would've gotten it, would there have been an asterisk, since they had the extra game?
    I believe this extra game for stats purposes is considered part of the regular season.....so no asterisk(s).

  13. #13
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,506

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    I believe this extra game for stats purposes is considered part of the regular season.....so no asterisk(s).
    It is indeed.

  14. #14
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    40,803

    Will have to break out my old Brewers cap.

  15. #15
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,283

    Quote Originally Posted by newarkcatholicfan View Post
    Will have to break out my old Brewers cap.
    I thought you were an Indians fan?

Top