Braves @ Reds (5/11 - 5/13)

Page 4 of Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 Frazier definitely seems to be making a case for another appearance at the Home Run Derby this year. Considering it ... 140 comments | 3161 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,413

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    That's honestly absurd. I know you don't believe this garbage so just stop.
    Oh, he believes it. I am serious. He really does believe it.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    On the diamond
    Posts
    5,154

    If Meso is your number one bat off the bench as you say, and you still bat Negron in the 9th... I can't even believe this at this point.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    On the diamond
    Posts
    5,154

    And don't get me started about earlier in the game. Price is killing me

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,256

    Quote Originally Posted by LOOGY View Post
    If Meso is your number one bat off the bench as you say, and you still bat Negron in the 9th... I can't even believe this at this point.
    Who plays SS if the game goes to extras?

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    On the diamond
    Posts
    5,154

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuclubbaseball19 View Post
    Who plays SS if the game goes to extras?
    And there we go, I'm an idiot..... I had some out of body experience that thought Negron was PH. Got worked up over nothing. Whoops

  6. #51
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Quote Originally Posted by LOOGY View Post
    If Meso is your number one bat off the bench as you say, and you still bat Negron in the 9th... I can't even believe this at this point.
    He should have hit in the 7th when it was 1st and 3rd. He's on the roster for one reason and it's to hit in a spot like that.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    On the diamond
    Posts
    5,154

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    He should have hit in the 7th when it was 1st and 3rd. He's on the roster for one reason and it's to hit in a spot like that.
    I was really peeved at that. The 9th I'm an idiot. But if you don't bat your "number one" guy off the bench in a high leverage situation, you are incompetent. Price has been incompetent in 95% of the games this year, and that might be giving him too much credit

  8. #53
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,269

    Joel Luckhaupt @jluckhaupt
    Skip Schumaker now batting .181/.250/.181 as a non-starter for the #Reds.


    Sounds like the guy you want off the bench in the biggest spot of the game at that point.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    On the diamond
    Posts
    5,154

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Joel Luckhaupt @jluckhaupt
    Skip Schumaker now batting .181/.250/.181 as a non-starter for the #Reds.



    Sounds like the guy you want off the bench in the biggest spot of the game at that point.
    To be fair Meso has sucked this year. But they still haven't given him any chances to prove he can snap out of it.

  10. #55
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    When do we play Milwaukee or Pittsburg again?

  11. #56
    cowboy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    640

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuclubbaseball19 View Post
    Who plays SS if the game goes to extras?
    Hamilton could have played SS if it went extras. Without a doubt I would have PH for Negron there.

  12. #57
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,219

    I hate this team. Absolutely hate them. And yet, I'm a glutton for punishment because I'll keep watching.

  13. #58
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,859

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Joel Luckhaupt @jluckhaupt
    Skip Schumaker now batting .181/.250/.181 as a non-starter for the #Reds.


    Sounds like the guy you want off the bench in the biggest spot of the game at that point.
    Dare I say....I miss Chris Heisey? Haha, I actually really do though. Maybe some others are starting to as well.

  14. #59
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,859

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I hate this team. Absolutely hate them. And yet, I'm a glutton for punishment because I'll keep watching.
    Gotta do something to get to September.

  15. #60
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,859

    The Reds are pretty frustrating at times, but you know what else is frustrating so far this season, the damn weather:

    @ctrent:
    In their 13th scheduled home game, the Reds have had 5 rain delays totaling 10 hours, 16 minutes, including the delay before calling one game.


    As a beer vendor, I can't tell you how frustrating those games/nights can be. It doubles when you start thinking about the potential money you missed out on because of it. When they win, I don't get as frustrated.

Top