Bats at Stripers (6/18 - 6/20)

Page 2 of @MJAlltheWay24 @ChickenWyngz @Jumper_Dad @futurecoach @CincySportsFan @LRCW BGP management sent me down to the International League Reds affiliate Loui... 25 comments | 996 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,408

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    In game 2 of the series last night, the Bats even things with the Stripers winning 9-5. They get 3 runs in the first inning and don't look back slamming out 15 hits over the evening. Interesting story - Right Fielder Aristides Aquino extended his hitting streak to 22 games.
    Once again, it's just a lack of concentration. Focus, focus, focus.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    afi100guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    5 Guys, not just a restaurant name anymore!!
    Posts
    2,927

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Once again it's just a lack of concentration. Focus, focus, focus.
    Oh the things that a comma can do

  3. #18
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,408

    Quote Originally Posted by afi100guy View Post
    Oh the things that a comma can do
    Just trying to drive home my point about staying focused.

  4. #19
    afi100guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    5 Guys, not just a restaurant name anymore!!
    Posts
    2,927

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Just trying to drive home my point about staying focused.
    My bad. If only nkypete had inserted a comma "the Bats even things with the Stripers, winning 9-5".

  5. #20
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,486

    The Bats lose the finale to the Stripers 7-6. Aquino had his 22-game hitting streak snapped. Gwinnett scores 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th inning. Louisville made some noise in the ninth, but comes up empty. Notable performances include Josh VanMeter with 3 hits and Scott Schebler with an opposite field home run (Schebler's first game after returning from the injury list).

  6. #21
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,408

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    The Bats lose the finale to the Stripers 7-6. Aquino had his 22-game hitting streak snapped. Gwinnett scores 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th inning. Louisville made some noise in the ninth, but comes up empty. Notable performances include Josh VanMeter with 3 hits and Scott Schebler with an opposite field home run (Schebler's first game after returning from the injury list).

    Stick with them @nkypete. Keep a positive attitude and we'll get you back up whenever there is a need in the rotation.

  7. #22
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,486

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Stick with them @nkypete. Keep a positive attitude and we'll get you back up whenever there is a need in the rotation.
    I don't know if I can. The Bats kicked me off the bus after the series loss. I'm at a rest stop somewhere in Georgia trying to hitch a ride.

  8. #23
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,408

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    I don't know if I can. The Bats kicked me off the bus after the series loss. I'm at a rest stop somewhere in Georgia trying to hitch a ride.
    Just stay there. We will send someone to pick you up, and take you to Chattanooga.

  9. #24
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,486

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Just stay there. We will send someone to pick you up, and take you to Chattanooga.
    I'm too old for AA.

  10. #25
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,408

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    I'm too old for AA.

    There is honestly more talent at the AA level. AAA has too many retreads trying to get back to the show. I believe AA will be better for you in the long run.

  11. #26
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,486

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    There is honestly more talent at the AA level. AAA has too many retreads trying to get back to the show. I believe AA will be better for you in the long run.
    If you can guarantee that a 1988 Susan Sarandon will be there waiting for me...maybe.

Top