Astros 13 Dodgers 12 - 2nd Most Runs Scored In A World Series Game

Page 3 of The Astros/Dodgers game 5, which is still in the 8th inning, is currently at 21 runs. Astros 12, Dodgers 9. Records for the most combined runs scored i... 65 comments | 1762 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,323

    I thought Fisher was going to be out by a mile when he wasn't even to third when LF had ball. What a game.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    30,602

    That makes that game a tie for the 2nd most runs in any single World Series Game ever with a total of 25 runs scored.

    Game length came in at 5 hours 17 minutes.

  3. #33
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,323

    Over 400 pitches and 5 hours. I'm worn out. I can't imagine if I was a real fan of either team. Or at the game.

  4. #34
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    28,238

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Blooper over the SS brings Fisher home. Throw makes it to the plate about 10 feet behind Fisher.

    Astros win in 10 innings. 13-12.
    You and I have different definitions of blooper. I thought Chris Taylor's hit in the 9th was a hard hit ball and so was Bregman's game winner.

  5. #35
    nkuclubbaseball19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,562

    My goodness, what a game!! Constant action and you had no idea what would happen next.

  6. #36
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    30,602

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    You and I have different definitions of blooper. I thought Chris Taylor's hit in the 9th was a hard hit ball and so was Bregman's game winner.
    Yeah...they were both probably both "slaps" over the infielders.

  7. #37
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    28,238

    Great American Ballpark has nothing on the Astros park. I had flashbacks to my softball days watching the ball fly around that park tonight.

  8. #38
    Runcible Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    Gwdihŵ Ffl? Wnco mwnco.
    Posts
    713

    What a great finish! I'd turned in early, got up to do a last check in here, and found this thread. Immediately turned the game on, and glad I did. Thanks y'all.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    1,696

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Over 400 pitches and 5 hours. I'm worn out. I can't imagine if I was a real fan of either team. Or at the game.
    Astros fan here (a real fan). It was crazy! I mean seriously I really don’t understand how we won with our bullpen. I am hoping to God Verlander can go 9.

  10. #40
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,115

    I don’t follow baseball like I did years ago but how did these teams get this far with pitching like this?
    38 runs scored in the last two games!!!

  11. #41
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    30,602

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I don’t follow baseball like I did years ago but how did these teams get this far with pitching like this?
    38 runs scored in the last two games!!!
    There's some controversy over the baseballs. Pitchers are saying that the postseason baseballs have slicker surfaces than the regular season balls and aren't making it possible for them to grip to control their pitches as normal.

    Some folks are theorizing that it's a MLB attempt to increase scoring and attract interest in the postseason coverage via increased action during the games. May have some truth to it, honestly.

  12. #42
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,115

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    There's some controversy over the baseballs. Pitchers are saying that the postseason baseballs have slicker surfaces than the regular season balls and aren't making it possible for them to grip to control their pitches as normal.

    Some folks are theorizing that it's a MLB attempt to increase scoring and attract interest in the postseason coverage via increased action during the games. May have some truth to it, honestly.
    Well if it’s more runs that MLB wants they’re getting them but I can sure see where the pitchers would be agitated as heck about it.
    Don Drysdale would have already slapped around some higher up if this was back in the day.

  13. #43
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    39,061

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    There's some controversy over the baseballs. Pitchers are saying that the postseason baseballs have slicker surfaces than the regular season balls and aren't making it possible for them to grip to control their pitches as normal.

    Some folks are theorizing that it's a MLB attempt to increase scoring and attract interest in the postseason coverage via increased action during the games. May have some truth to it, honestly.
    I know this game and the previous have had a lot of runs scored, but from my vantage it seems pitching has dominated the post-season. This game (and ninth inning of the previous) have been the exception, not the norm. Or so it seems that way at least.

  14. #44
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    71,088

    This gotta start these games earlier. 90% of the people probably went to bed before the end.

  15. #45
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,323

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    This gotta start these games earlier. 90% of the people probably went to bed before the end.
    If it went another inning or 2, those people getting up for work could have watched the end of it.

Top