Angels at Reds (8/5 - 8/6)

Page 6 of I was waiting to see if someone else was going to start the series thread, but when 3:30pm EST rolled around, I got tired of waiting. Angels come into ... 88 comments | 1959 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,460

    Reds are 7-3 in their last 10 games.

    Reds are 10-5 in their last 15 games.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,646

    NL Central Standings
    July 21 Today
    Chi --- Chi ---
    Mil -2.0 St.L -2.5
    St.L -2.5 Mil -3.0
    Pit -7.5 Cin -6.5
    Cin -9.0 Pit -13

    Wildcard Standings
    July 21 Today
    Wsh +.5 Wsh +1.0
    Mil --- Phi ---
    Phi -0.5 St.L -0.5
    St.L -0.5 Mil -1.0
    Arz -2.5 NY -1.5
    SF -2.5 Arz -2.5
    SD -5.0 SF -3.5
    Col -5.0 Cin -4.5
    Pit -5.5 SD -6.5
    NY -7.0 Col -7.0
    Cin -7.0 Pit -11.0

  3. #78
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,646

    Sorry guys, that looked much better when I typed it out. Evidently this thing doesn't like the space bar.

  4. #79
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,167

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Sorry guys, that looked much better when I typed it out. Evidently this thing doesn't like the space bar.
    Yes, you have to use the ....... to get your spacing, not the spacebar.

  5. #80
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,646

    We'll try it again...

    NL Central Standings
    July 21 . . . . . . . . Today
    Chi --- . . . .. . . Chi ---
    Mil -2.0 . . . . . . St.L -2.5
    St.L -2.5 . . .. . . Mil -3.0
    Pit -7.5 . . . . . . Cin -6.5
    Cin -9.0 . . . . . . Pit -13

    Wildcard Standings
    July 21 . . . . . . . . Today
    Wsh +.5 . . . . . . Wsh +1.0
    Mil --- . . . . . . .Phi ---
    Phi -0.5 . . . . . .St.L -0.5
    St.L -0.5 . . . . . .Mil -1.0
    Arz -2.5 . . . . . .NY -1.5
    SF -2.5 . . . . . . Arz -2.5
    SD -5.0 . . . . . .SF -3.5
    Col -5.0 . . . . . .Cin -4.5
    Pit -5.5 . . . . . .SD -6.5
    NY -7.0 . . . . . .Col -7.0
    Cin -7.0 . . . . . ..Pit -11.0

  6. #81
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,646

    Basically what I was trying to show was, even after going 10-5 over the past two plus weeks, the Reds have moved up only one spot in the NL Central, and two spots in the Wildcard race. I'm not saying it can't be done, but when there's this many teams involved...a lot of them end up playing each other. So, while one team may get swept...another team is benefitting from it.

  7. #82
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,527

    It's head to head against the teams that really matter. For instance, the Cubs this weekend.

  8. #83
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,167

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Basically what I was trying to show was, even after going 10-5 over the past two plus weeks, the Reds have moved up only one spot in the NL Central, and two spots in the Wildcard race. I'm not saying it can't be done, but when there's this many teams involved...a lot of them end up playing each other. So, while one team may get swept...another team is benefitting from it.
    The Reds gained on every team in front of them except the Mets. Repeat that over the next two weeks and they move ahead of SF and AZ, are tied with Mil and within striking distance of the others with more than a month left. Stranger things have happened in baseball.

  9. #84
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,460

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    It's head to head against the teams that really matter. For instance, the Cubs this weekend.
    We need @Jumper_Dad to get it going and keep these positive vibes flowing.

  10. #85
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,527

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    We need @Jumper_Dad to get it going and keep these positive vibes flowing.
    Well, I know I am still languishing in the minor leagues of baseball series thread starting waiting for another chance at the big leagues. Maybe when the rosters expand in September. I'm hoping for something earlier because I am getting sick of the food and the all night bus rides.

  11. #86
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    7,646

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    Well, I know I am still languishing in the minor leagues of baseball series thread starting waiting for another chance at the big leagues. Maybe when the rosters expand in September. I'm hoping for something earlier because I am getting sick of the food and the all night bus rides.
    Not to mention being forced to carry your own luggage. How do you do that with those teeny tiny arms anyway?

  12. #87
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,527

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    Not to mention being forced to carry your own luggage. How do you do that with those teeny tiny arms anyway?
    Sharp teeth

  13. #88
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,475

    Homer Bailey still killing the Reds.


    Name:  10EC1E79-02DF-4353-9B42-D1D13D947ACF.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  320.1 KB

  14. #89
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,167

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Homer Bailey still killing the Reds.


    Name:  10EC1E79-02DF-4353-9B42-D1D13D947ACF.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  320.1 KB
    Think about this - Homer has a better won loss record than Sonny Gray.

Top