2018 MLB Offseason

  1. #1
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    I've just pushed some people and run away
    Posts
    20,007

    2018 MLB Offseason

    Orioles have parted ways with manager Buck Showalter

    Twins have parted ways with manager Paul Molitor but he could remain in the organization.

    John Gibbons out as Blue Jays Manager

    Bobby Evans has been removed from the GM Role with the Giants
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    I've just pushed some people and run away
    Posts
    20,007

    Cubs are expected to retain Joe Maddon for the 2019 season, his final year of his 5 year contract he signed back in 2014.

    The belief is that the Reds will hire one of the 5 candidates as their new manager...Joe Girardi, David Bell, Brad Ausmus, Jim Riggleman, John Farrell

  3. #3
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,502

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Cubs are expected to retain Joe Maddon for the 2019 season, his final year of his 5 year contract he signed back in 2014.

    The belief is that the Reds will hire one of the 5 candidates as their new manager...Joe Girardi, David Bell, Brad Ausmus, Jim Riggleman, John Farrell
    Sounds like Farrell is the favorite.

    REPORT: John Farrell the Favorite to Land Reds Managerial Job | 12up

  4. #4
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    I've just pushed some people and run away
    Posts
    20,007

    Yankees are planning on shopping Sonny Gray this offseason

  5. #5
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Somewhere in the USA, standing & saluting those who defend our flag.
    Posts
    21,897

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Yankees are planning on shopping Sonny Gray this offseason
    For free?

  6. #6
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,502

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    For free?
    It probably won't take much. They just want out of his contract.

  7. #7
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    22,837

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    It probably won't take much. They just want out of his contract.
    What’s his contract? I thought he was still arbitration eligible? Besides, I’d be willing to let them have Darvish, Chatwood and Heyward for Gray straight up

  8. #8
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,502

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    What’s his contract? I thought he was still arbitration eligible? Besides, I’d be willing to let them have Darvish, Chatwood and Heyward for Gray straight up
    He is. I guess I should have said they just want that roster spot. He made $6.5 million last season.

  9. #9
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    22,837

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    He is. I guess I should have said they just want that roster spot. He made $6.5 million last season.
    That’s chump chang for them. They can non-tender him and be out nothing and get that roster spot.

  10. #10
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,502

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    That’s chump chang for them. They can non-tender him and be out nothing and get that roster spot.
    True. But he does have some value still. I just don't think it will take top prospectsto get him.

  11. #11
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Somewhere in the USA, standing & saluting those who defend our flag.
    Posts
    21,897

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    True. But he does have some value still. I just don't think it will take top prospectsto get him.
    I think they will want immediate infield help.

  12. #12
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    22,837

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I think they will want immediate infield help.
    I know a guy named Addison Russell

  13. #13
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,502

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I know a guy named Addison Russell
    That would be a good trade for both ballclubs. Both of those players need a fresh start and could thrive in the right environment.

Top