2018 MLB Offseason

Page 4 of Orioles have parted ways with manager Buck Showalter Twins have parted ways with manager Paul Molitor but he could remain in the organization. John Gib... 84 comments | 2524 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    20,795

    Astros and Robinson Chirinos have agreed to a 1 year deal.

    Nationals have signed Patrick Corbin to a 6-year $140MIL deal.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,143

    Cardinals land Goldschmidt from the Dbacks.

  3. #48
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,685

    Bad news for the Reds. In an already stacked NL Central, the Cardinals have acquired Paul Goldschmidt for Luke Weaver, Carson Kelly, Andy Young, and a competitive balance draft pick.


    Diamondbacks Trade Paul Goldschimdt To Cardinals - MLB Trade Rumors

  4. #49
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,028

    I’ll just hope they can’t get him on an extension.

  5. #50
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,143

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    I’ll just hope they can’t get him on an extension.
    Shh, hopefully they can.

  6. #51
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,028

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Shh, hopefully they can.
    On the other hand, he’s probably a $25 million a year for 5-6 years. Being as he’s 31 years old, I’d be ok with them reupping him and then him having one of those Dexter Fowler like drop offs

  7. #52
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,166

    Uh, looks to be a great deal for the Cards.

  8. #53
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,143

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    On the other hand, he’s probably a $25 million a year for 5-6 years. Being as he’s 31 years old, I’d be ok with them reupping him and then him having one of those Dexter Fowler like drop offs
    Or Heyward?

  9. #54
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,028

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Or Heyward?
    Except Hayward is a little better than Dex

  10. #55
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,143

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Rocket28 View Post
    Except Hayward is a little better than Dex
    Anybody is better than Dex.

  11. #56
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,685

    The Red Sox have reportedly resigned Nathan Eovaldi pending a physical. Terms have not been disclosed.

  12. #57
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,166

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    The Red Sox have reportedly resigned Nathan Eovaldi pending a physical. Terms have not been disclosed.
    Numbers should be interesting. I'd be pretty concerned about him staying healthy.

  13. #58
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,765

    Saw something around $67.5M over 4 years....That's a lot of coin for a guy who's had such difficulties staying healthy.

  14. #59
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,685

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Saw something around $67.5M over 4 years....That's a lot of coin for a guy who's had such difficulties staying healthy.
    But if he's healthy Sale, Price, Eovaldi, Porcello and Rodriguez is a heck of a rotation backed by that offense.

  15. #60
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,765

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    But if he's healthy Sale, Price, Eovaldi, Porcello and Rodriguez is a heck of a rotation backed by that offense.
    With their offense it doesn't really matter who they have on the mound. Still a ton of money for a guy with a career ERA north of 4 and major past health issues.

Top