Notre Dame 3 St. Henry 0

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Bonneville Salt Flats, UT
    Posts
    766

    Notre Dame 3 St. Henry 0

    Guess who's not having that "down year" all the NDA outsiders were predicting would happen? Still the team to beat in Region 9.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    94

    NDA is "down" on a regional and national level but is still the team to beat in Region 9.

    Will be tested again this weekend in Chicago.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685

    Quote Originally Posted by dallaslaredo View Post
    Guess who's not having that "down year" all the NDA outsiders were predicting would happen? Still the team to beat in Region 9.
    I disagree. Unless there are resume' building victories not on the KHSAA website, the schedule and results seems to confirm the "down year" that the NDA outsiders predicted. Straight set losses to Mt. Notre Dame, Assumption and Mercy along with a 3-1 loss to Ursaline is not typical of a good NDA team. The only remaining shot at a Cincinnati victory is St. Ursula next month. When's the last time NDA didn't beat any of the Cincinnati schools? Who has NDA beaten that indicates this is a strong team?

    Don't get me wrong, they are still the class of NKY but the whole region is down significantly from recent years.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    On my way to DisneyLand after winning this years SuperBowl!
    Posts
    6,678

    Quote Originally Posted by EQUUS GREVYI View Post
    I disagree. Unless there are resume' building victories not on the KHSAA website, the schedule and results seems to confirm the "down year" that the NDA outsiders predicted. Straight set losses to Mt. Notre Dame, Assumption and Mercy along with a 3-1 loss to Ursaline is not typical of a good NDA team. The only remaining shot at a Cincinnati victory is St. Ursula next month. When's the last time NDA didn't beat any of the Cincinnati schools? Who has NDA beaten that indicates this is a strong team?

    Don't get me wrong, they are still the class of NKY but the whole region is down significantly from recent years.
    Nailed it.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    621

    Quote Originally Posted by EQUUS GREVYI View Post
    I disagree. Unless there are resume' building victories not on the KHSAA website, the schedule and results seems to confirm the "down year" that the NDA outsiders predicted. Straight set losses to Mt. Notre Dame, Assumption and Mercy along with a 3-1 loss to Ursaline is not typical of a good NDA team. The only remaining shot at a Cincinnati victory is St. Ursula next month. When's the last time NDA didn't beat any of the Cincinnati schools? Who has NDA beaten that indicates this is a strong team?

    Don't get me wrong, they are still the class of NKY but the whole region is down significantly from recent years.
    Agree

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Bonneville Salt Flats, UT
    Posts
    766

    Quote Originally Posted by dallaslaredo View Post
    Still the team to beat in Region 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by vblover View Post
    still the team to beat in Region 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by EQUUS GREVYI View Post
    they are still the class of NKY
    Aren't we all agreeing?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685

    Quote Originally Posted by dallaslaredo View Post
    Aren't we all agreeing?
    That NDA is odds on favorite to win the 9th, yes.

    If you still think this isn't a "down year" for NDA, we don't appear to be in agreement.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    31

    Definitely a down year. Haven't beat a good team yet and probably won't.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    42

    Saying a team is having a down year and that they are the team to beat in the 9th are 2 different things. There is no way NDA is as good as they were last year but many teams in the 9th are not as good as they were last year which is why NDA will still win the 9th. Cooper is the only team that is as good or better than they were last year and has a chance at beating them.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685

    [QUOTE=dallaslaredo;6055477]Guess who's not having that "down year" all the NDA outsiders were predicting would happen? [QUOTE]

    O-fer in Cincy this year.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Bonneville Salt Flats, UT
    Posts
    766

    [QUOTE=EQUUS GREVYI;6074386]
    O-fer in Cincy this year.
    First, you're wrong. NDA beat Lakota East. Do you know who actually is 0-fer? St. Henry - they lost every Ohio match. You know who else is 0-fer? Cooper - because they don't schedule any of those teams.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685

    [QUOTE=dallaslaredo;6074782]
    Quote Originally Posted by EQUUS GREVYI View Post

    First, you're wrong. NDA beat Lakota East. Do you know who actually is 0-fer? St. Henry - they lost every Ohio match. You know who else is 0-fer? Cooper - because they don't schedule any of those teams.
    You stated that Notre Dame wasn't having the "down year" everyone predicted. The O-fer was in rebuttal of your statement. I will clarify...Notre Dame has an o-fer vs, the GGCL teams this year. When was the last time that has happened? .

    It has nothing to do with St. Henry, Cooper or any other NKY team. Do you still believe ND isn't having a down year?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    540

    Highlands is improved from last year. They are 18-15 and guaranteed its first winning season since 2010.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685

    Quote Originally Posted by PsalmsG View Post
    Highlands is improved from last year. They are 18-15 and guaranteed its first winning season since 2010.
    I have seen Highlands and agree they are improved over past years. They also seem to have some young talent that bodes well for coming years.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Bonneville Salt Flats, UT
    Posts
    766

    The early predicition from others was that NDA would have a down year and not win the 9th. Take that any way you have to.

Top