Here are some the many outstanding performers appearing at UK today. (All rankings are for class 3A, unless noted; KY = All Class, AT = All-time, US = National.) See link below for KHSAA State Meet, Track & Field records.
Yared Neguse, duPont Manual,
'17 (Notre Dame signee)
* Yared could claim all-time Kentucky, and all-class State records in the 1600m (#1 KY, #3 AT) and the 3200m (#1 KY, #2 AT) in his last State Meet appearance. Also ranked #1 KY in 800m, and is a member of the Crimsons' #1 KY 4 x 800m Relay Team. Defending champion in the 1600m.
* #4 US ranking the Mile run.
* 2016 State 3A Cross Country champion, And Gatorade KY Cross Country Runner of the Year.
Bryan Hudson, Scott Co.,
'19 (All-state Football OL, with many D1 offers)
* State record in the Discus (#1 KY, AT #3, #1 US Soph.) is within reach; Defending champion in the Shot Put (#1 KY, #5 AT, #2 US Soph.) May be the best young thrower in KY history.
Isaiah McCall, Bryan Station,
'17 (Cincinnati signee):
* Best hurdler in KY history.
110m Hurdles (AT KY #1 auto-timed); 300m Hurdles (AT KY #1). State Meet records should fall today.
* 2016 champion in the 300m Hurdles.
* Defender star is also entered in the 100m (#6 KY), and member of Station's (KY #2) 4 x 200m Relay.
Nate Hobbs, Male,
'17: #1 High Jump; #3 Long Jump; member of #3 4 x 100m relay.
Darian Clyburn, Male,
'18: #2 110m Hurdles; #2 300m Hurdles, #3 Triple Jump.
* Battle for the team title between the 'Rocks and Male may hinge on their relay success. Each Trinity relay team features a top individual performer:
* 4 x 100: Rondale Moore (#4 100m)
* 4 x 200: Alex Wilson (#2 200m)
* 4 x 400: Ahmad Johnson (#5 400m)
* 4 x 800: Jacob Burnham (#2 800m)
J P Vaught, Southwestern,
'19: Sophomore is Kentucky's top sprinter.
* Undefeated this year at 100m (KY #1). Only one loss this year at 200M (KY #1).
* Will anchor the Warriors' 4 x 100m and 4 x 200m relays.