Friday is the final day of the track season for class 2A. The boys featured below are just a few of the many outstanding performers who will compete at UK's Outdoor Track Complex. (All ranking #'s are for class 2A, unless noted):
Alex McClarty, North Oldham
'17: 800m, 1600m, 3200m, 4 x 800m & 4 x 400m Relays.
* #1 performer in all three individual events, and is on the roster for availability in both highly ranked Mustangs relay squads. Will be the primary source of points for N.O. to finish top five in the team tally. Best event: 3200m.
* Member of four consecutive State champion teams in Cross Country.
Jairus Brents, Waggener
'18: 100m, 200m, 4 x 200m Relay.
* All-state footballer (with high D1 interest), is the defending champion in the 100 and 200.
Doesn't compete much leading up to regional. Didn't qualify higher than 7th in either event. Looking to see if he can regain his 2016 form to repeat.
Aaron Johnson, Mercer Co.
'18 110m & 300m Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump.
* Defending champion in the 110m Hurdles. Ranked: 110m Hurdles, #1 (#4 KY); 300m Hurdles, #1 (#2 KY); High Jump #1 (T #3 KY); Long Jump #4 (T #6 KY). Popped personal bests in both jumps at regional. Team favorite Titans counting on all the points he can grab.
Dylan Bradshaw, Marion County
'17: Pole Vault
* Last year's 3rd place finisher has made huge improvements this year. 15-7 vault a month ago at the Bryan Station All-comers meet ranks #1, (#1 KY), (T #3 KY All-time), and is 5 inches over the current State Meet record.
: 4 x 100m Relay, 4 x 200m Relays.
* Led by top sprinters Jayden Freeman and Montel Wiggins, the #2 Blue Tornado looks to rack up major points in pursuit of #1 Mercer Co., who have excellent squads in all four relays.
These boys are the #1 performers in their events this season
Nathan Jacobs, Collins
* 3rd last year. 153-0 is also (#4 KY). consistently over 140-0
Jayden Freeman, Paducah Tilghman
* 200m #1, (#3 KY). Should place in both 100m, 200m, & 4 x 100 and 4 x 200 Relays.