Up and coming impact players

Page 2 of It's on the down stretch of the season. I was wanting to know who stands out as a up and coming impact player for your team. Someone that's not a senio... 31 comments | 4748 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 14
    Posts
    198

    Glad to see how many young players are mentioned. I wonder how many of these young ladies will end up being that jr.,or sr. that gets mentioned often and possible go to college for softball. Hopefully this will let the young guns realize that the hard work doesn't go unnoticed. For the girls mentioned and I'm sure there will be more after....keep honing your craft, stay mentally sharp and good things will happen.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    421

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked 61 View Post
    I've seen a lot of 12u and 14u softball and here are my future impact players-

    Kaylee McGinn- 8th Grade Dixie High School- Kid has tremendous power and plays a very strong first base in summer ball and is now trying out the catchers spot for Dixie's JV. She is batting clean up in the varsity line-up. Great future for this young lady. Her best attribute is that she is a very nice young lady.

    Maggie Fields- 8th grade Dixie High School- Can play any where, short, second, outfield and with plenty of speed to go around. If she gets a bunt down she's usually standing on first. Gifted athlete.

    Star Smith- Boone County- 7th grade- Starts for Andy and has one of the best arms I've seen. Plays in field and outfield for Boone and plays short on a very good summer ball team.

    Bailey Young- Owen County- 7th grader- Probably plays the game with the intelligence of a varsity player. Over all gifted athlete who plays every position except pitcher and could pitch as well if needed. This young lady knows how to play the game.

    These are just a few off the top of my head. Many more I could list. Lots of good talent coming up.
    These are all nice players. Bailey is an 8th grade.
    You also have the following.
    Nikki Bridgers - Boone Co. 8th
    Faith Alford - Walton 7th
    Olivia Henry - Conner 8th
    Addi Michael - Walton 7th
    Corin Crawford - Conner 8th
    Alana Matteson - Cooper 8th
    McKinlee Miller - Campbell 8th
    She did not play this year doe to an injury but you can add Hannah Bishop - Ryle 8th

  3. #18
    WhatsBestForTheGirls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    71

    This list is quite impressive! I have had the pleasure of seeing many of these players during their time in summer/travel ball.

    I think you could also add the following two players from Villa:

    Brooke Meier, 8th grader, Pitcher, Villa Madonna;
    Meier has been their Varsity starting pitcher since 6th grade.
    She has been playing travel ball since 10U, and happens to be quite the SS and 2nd baseman when not pitching.

    Anna Wagner, 8th grader, Catcher, Villa Madonna;
    Anna transitioned this year from Outfield to fill the Catchers position. She has been involved with travel ball for several years and is an extremely versatile player.

    Both girls have presented themselves as a threat at the plate, batting over 600 with multiple HRs already this season.
    With Meier and Wagner as the pitcher-catcher combo through their Senior year (potentially five years together), I imagine they will have quite the impact on the developing Villa program.

    Good luck to all these fine athletes throughout their season and future years.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    8

    I have seen a few of these girls play over the past few summers. What I am shocked more shocked over is why isn't Owen County winning more games than what they are? Reason asking is because the Young girl plays for Owen County but does not start or play much varsity at all. If that is the case and Owen has 9 players that are better than she is. (They should be winning more games) This kid plays tough defense and can put the bat on the ball at any given time. We have played them and she was their JV catcher and batted top of line up, but was only a courtesy runner for Varsity. I have seen her catch a few times and does well, but I have watched her glove in the field and the kid knows how to play the game. Looking foward to seeing her in the upcoming years.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    137

    Don't know the players, coaches or teams at all, but just in general, a lot of high school ball playing decisions come down to rewarding the older girls with playing time even if they are not as talented versus playing your best 9-10, regardless of age.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    421

    Quote Originally Posted by allsport00 View Post
    I have seen a few of these girls play over the past few summers. What I am shocked more shocked over is why isn't Owen County winning more games than what they are? Reason asking is because the Young girl plays for Owen County but does not start or play much varsity at all. If that is the case and Owen has 9 players that are better than she is. (They should be winning more games) This kid plays tough defense and can put the bat on the ball at any given time. We have played them and she was their JV catcher and batted top of line up, but was only a courtesy runner for Varsity. I have seen her catch a few times and does well, but I have watched her glove in the field and the kid knows how to play the game. Looking foward to seeing her in the upcoming years.
    From what I have heard is that the coach says that she will have her time after the seniors are gone! She is one of the best players on that team.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    8

    Someone had told me that but I didn't know if it was true. They have another 8th grader that pitches and may just be their best pitcher. She is in the same position. I think he told them they would have their time later when they get to high school. Owen county has one of the best seniors around who can play some ball (Shelby Gambrell). I'm sure it makes it bad for her that it's her senior year and the coach isn't out to win. Anymore though if you don't play some sort of summer ball it's hard to go anywhere. School ball is a lot of times practice and getting a few bats in just for summer ball. Mine graduates this year but I will be around to watch some of these younger ones play. I was told that Bailey switched to a different summer team (NKY STEALERS) for this upcoming year that has a lot of talent and is considered the young 14-U. Next year if they stay together I was told they should dominate most of the tournaments they are playing in because that will put the a second year 14-U team. Looking to maybe catching a tourney or two just to watch them.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    421

    Quote Originally Posted by allsport00 View Post
    Someone had told me that but I didn't know if it was true. They have another 8th grader that pitches and may just be their best pitcher. She is in the same position. I think he told them they would have their time later when they get to high school. Owen county has one of the best seniors around who can play some ball (Shelby Gambrell). I'm sure it makes it bad for her that it's her senior year and the coach isn't out to win. Anymore though if you don't play some sort of summer ball it's hard to go anywhere. School ball is a lot of times practice and getting a few bats in just for summer ball. Mine graduates this year but I will be around to watch some of these younger ones play. I was told that Bailey switched to a different summer team (NKY STEALERS) for this upcoming year that has a lot of talent and is considered the young 14-U. Next year if they stay together I was told they should dominate most of the tournaments they are playing in because that will put the a second year 14-U team. Looking to maybe catching a tourney or two just to watch them.
    Yes, Bailey is playing for the 14U-01 Stealers. They should be a very fun group to watch play. This team has tremendous speed, has some girls that can hit for power and a couple nice pitchers. Should be an exciting summer for those girls.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    43

    If EarAche was over at Shelby County last night he saw a couple of our young players, freshman Hannah Webb, Catcher/OF Elizabeth Ivers and 1B Allyson Long. Those 3 were a big part of SC beating North Oldham in the bottom of the 7th. Long with 2 doubles, Webb had a couple of hits and a RBI and Ivers hit the walk off single to win it for Shelby County.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    35

    So a lot of names on this post and lost track of who was mentioned but:
    Haley Perry, Serena Paterno and Brooke Bihl need to mentioned on any post about future players (all 7th grade).

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    McCracken County
    Posts
    491

    Kalli Harris, sophmore 1B/INF, McCracken Co.
    Ms. Harris has continued to have a great season building off last year's strong state tournament perfromance. She brings a competitive attitude in a calm and relaxed package. An outstanding hitter with good size and power, she also understands what the coaches ask of her in each at bat. She is a wonderful young lady off the field as well.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    8

    I also think Simon Kenton has two really good young pitchers. (Sam/Macie) I see them as very good upcoming players. They see a lot of Varsity time.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    8

    Kelly is very good with those girls.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    421

    Quote Originally Posted by allsport00 View Post
    I also think Simon Kenton has two really good young pitchers. (Sam/Macie) I see them as very good upcoming players. They see a lot of Varsity time.
    They have several young up and coming players that are in that 6th to 8th grade range.
    Sam Glover 8th (NKY Stealers 01)
    Macie Krohman (Louisville Lady Sluggers)? I know that Macie has played with them in the past and I am fairly sure that she is with them again this year but not 100%.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by PH2 View Post
    Don't know the players, coaches or teams at all, but just in general, a lot of high school ball playing decisions come down to rewarding the older girls with playing time even if they are not as talented versus playing your best 9-10, regardless of age.
    I'd think fast pitch is like every other sport...playing decisions come down to who gives the team the best chance to win. Talent is only part of the equation.

Top