Montana Fouts named Miss Softball

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    80

    Montana Fouts named Miss Softball

    East Carter's Montana Fouts named Miss Softball this morning.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    13,654

    Congrats to Montana! Great accomplishment! There was not much doubt in this one I don't think.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Congrats to Montana! Great accomplishment! There was not much doubt in this one I don't think.
    One particular group who disagrees and have made their presence quite known on social media.

  4. #4
    sidelinedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Sidelines
    Posts
    6,882

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonwadd123 View Post
    One particular group who disagrees and have made their presence quite known on social media.
    Opinions are like certain body parts......we all have them, some just smell worse than others. LOL Montana is the best HS softball pitcher I have seen (in person). I wish her well at Alabama. Congratulations Ms. Fouts! Go kick some SEC butt.

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    138,742

    Congrats Montana!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,256

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonwadd123 View Post
    One particular group who disagrees and have made their presence quite known on social media.

    Who do they think should have won?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    Who do they think should have won?
    Kennedy Sullivan.

  8. #8
    Old LCHS Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17
    Posts
    69

    Sullivan has done everything to earn being mentioned here. But, Fouts has broken just about every record she could break this year. To me it was hers when she pitched as well as she did in the state tournament. We all knew how good she was but we wanted to see it against the top teams, and I think she showed what she was made of. Sullivan has beaten everyone and make no mistake she is as deserving and as good as anyone IMO. The problem is it just was the wrong year for her, because she was up against a player like Fouts. The argument I have for Sullivans' case is the level of competition Scott County plays compared to East Carter. This is kind of a flawed thinking on my part though. Let's put it this way could Scott County have won the title without Sullivan? Would East Carter be in the tournament without Fouts?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by Old LCHS Coach View Post
    Sullivan has done everything to earn being mentioned here. But, Fouts has broken just about every record she could break this year. To me it was hers when she pitched as well as she did in the state tournament. We all knew how good she was but we wanted to see it against the top teams, and I think she showed what she was made of. Sullivan has beaten everyone and make no mistake she is as deserving and as good as anyone IMO. The problem is it just was the wrong year for her, because she was up against a player like Fouts. The argument I have for Sullivans' case is the level of competition Scott County plays compared to East Carter. This is kind of a flawed thinking on my part though. Let's put it this way could Scott County have won the title without Sullivan? Would East Carter be in the tournament without Fouts?
    I'd say Scott County would be a lot closer to winning the championship than East Carter would be to even making the tournament.

  10. #10
    sidelinedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Sidelines
    Posts
    6,882

    Quote Originally Posted by Old LCHS Coach View Post
    Sullivan has done everything to earn being mentioned here. But, Fouts has broken just about every record she could break this year. To me it was hers when she pitched as well as she did in the state tournament. We all knew how good she was but we wanted to see it against the top teams, and I think she showed what she was made of. Sullivan has beaten everyone and make no mistake she is as deserving and as good as anyone IMO. The problem is it just was the wrong year for her, because she was up against a player like Fouts. The argument I have for Sullivans' case is the level of competition Scott County plays compared to East Carter. This is kind of a flawed thinking on my part though. Let's put it this way could Scott County have won the title without Sullivan? Would East Carter be in the tournament without Fouts?
    East Carter would not have won the 16th Region the past 3 years without Montana. They would've been competitive but would not have been what they were with Fouts. JMHO

  11. #11
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    52,753

    Wasn’t her ERA 0.07? Case closed.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    On the banks of Spruce Creek.
    Posts
    2,571

    2017-18 American Family Insurance ALL-USA High School Softball Player of the Year:Montana Fouts! Published in USA TODAY.

    Link to article: 217-18 American Family Insurance ALL-USA High School Softball Teams | USA TODAY High School Sports

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    13,654

    Congrats to Montana! This is great for her, the 16th Region, and the state of Kentucky!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    13,654

    Another honor for Montana! She has been name the MaxPreps National Player of the Year as well! Congratulations!

Top