PK question

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Posts
    16

    PK question

    Ok rules experts....In the Dixie/St Henry game the other night during pk's one of St. Henry's player made a goal but she studdered heading towards the ball. The refs discussed it and said no goal and there was no rekick. Should there be a rekick in this situation or does the player automatically lose their shot.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    514

    Quote Originally Posted by thecru View Post
    Ok rules experts....In the Dixie/St Henry game the other night during pk's one of St. Henry's player made a goal but she studdered heading towards the ball. The refs discussed it and said no goal and there was no rekick. Should there be a rekick in this situation or does the player automatically lose their shot.
    If it was truly a stutter step and not a complete stop I think that's legal now.

    Regardless if the ball goes in and the attacker does something wrong they are supposed to shoot again.

    The only issue would be if they faked actually kicking, then you lose the shot altogether.

    Or at least that's what I remember from youth. High school could be different.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    658

    SITUATION 4: A2, taking a penalty kick, approaches the ball and then stops abruptly. He/she then (a) kicks the ball and scores; (b) kicks the ball over the goal; (c) kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper; (d) kicks the ball and it is saved and held by the goalkeeper; (e) kicks the ball and it is deflected over the goal line by the goalkeeper. RULING: In (a), retake the kick; (b) goal kick; (c) indirect free kick for defending team; (d) play continues; (e) indirect free kick for the defending team. (14-1-4)

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    514

    Quote Originally Posted by imsays View Post
    SITUATION 4: A2, taking a penalty kick, approaches the ball and then stops abruptly. He/she then (a) kicks the ball and scores; (b) kicks the ball over the goal; (c) kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper; (d) kicks the ball and it is saved and held by the goalkeeper; (e) kicks the ball and it is deflected over the goal line by the goalkeeper. RULING: In (a), retake the kick; (b) goal kick; (c) indirect free kick for defending team; (d) play continues; (e) indirect free kick for the defending team. (14-1-4)
    So what does it say about stutter steps vs stopping abruptly?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    11

    Stutter steps are legal now in all youth soccer, club and high school. That was a point of emphasis for this season.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    72

    I question this: (c) kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper. Ruling (c) indirect free kick for defending team; So a team is awarded a penalty and the keeper deflects the ball into play, this is saying that it is not a live ball that can be played by anyone other than the shooter. I don't believe that is correct.

  7. #7
    AllenR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,474

    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineView View Post
    I question this: (c) kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper. Ruling (c) indirect free kick for defending team; So a team is awarded a penalty and the keeper deflects the ball into play, this is saying that it is not a live ball that can be played by anyone other than the shooter. I don't believe that is correct.
    SITUATION 4: A2, taking a penalty kick, approaches the ball and then stops abruptly.
    Because the kicker stopper, in all scenarios but (a), the defenders get the ball in some way.
    I don't understand why (a) is a re-kick. Based on the other scenarios, I would think it would be an indirect for the defenders.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    72

    Sorry I missed the part about Stops abruptly. Nevermind.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    514

    The restart depends on where the ball goes. If it goes in the goal, it's rekick. If it is saved and held, let the keeper punt. If it's a corner or rebounds back to play the the defense gets an IFK to the defense. If it's a goal kick the it's a goal kick.

    Basically if the kicking team does something wrong you don't allow them to shoot again unless they put he ball in.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Posts
    16

    In our game it was obviously ruled incorrectly then because the goal was made and she was not given the opportunity to kick again.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    93

    The ref's first mistake was announcing to the timekeeper before the game started that the game would go from regulation straight to kicks if it was tied after 80 minutes. No overtime periods.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    658

    While it's true the ref should know the ot rules so should the coaches.

Top