Notre Dame Academy 4 Highlands 1

Page 2 of No in game details but big win for ND.... 40 comments | 3386 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    9

    I thought maybe ncc would give those two teams a run for their money but unfortunately I heard one of their top players tore her acl. Hate to hear things like that
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Bonneville Salt Flats, UT
    Posts
    766

    Even at full health, NCC isn't in the same league as NDA...NDA is 10-0 in the last 10 meetings vs NCC and has outscored NCC 34-7 in those 10 matches. It's not even close.

  3. #18
    AllenR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,474

    How does this game compare to the game played 9 days before with HHS getting the 1-0 win?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    72

    Here is a chuckle: "Corner kick was well hit and to a great spot, own goal or not, not a gift." Probably best said as- Corner kick was well hit and to a great spot, and could not be replicated by that same player on 20 similar attempts. That IS a gift. The fact is they had one shot that beat the HHS defense. ONE. The other 3 on set pieces. I will concur that NDA had better set pieces than HHS. Other than that HHS held their own.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineView View Post
    Here is a chuckle: "Corner kick was well hit and to a great spot, own goal or not, not a gift." Probably best said as- Corner kick was well hit and to a great spot, and could not be replicated by that same player on 20 similar attempts. That IS a gift. The fact is they had one shot that beat the HHS defense. ONE. The other 3 on set pieces. I will concur that NDA had better set pieces than HHS. Other than that HHS held their own.
    Obviously we see things different. Goals scored off of set pieces are beating the defense... for a number of reasons. First during the run of play the offensive player(s) created a situation causing the defensive play to foul or commit an infraction that resulted in a set piece being awarded to the offensive team. Second the offensive player or players must convert the set piece against the defense to score a goal. It is not as if the 11 defensive players stand on the sideline while the set piece is being taken by the offensive team. Set pieces, even PKs are defended.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    72

    I can accept the fact that NDA dominated the set pieces they were awarded. I cannot accept the perception that NDA dominated the game. That perception must be from behind rose colored glasses. The rematch will be interesting.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    5,315

    Question I have, is why is Highlands done with regular season games with the Districts not starting until next week?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    9

    Sideline view I wouldn't be so sure about a rematch just yet someone may have to go through Dixie who seems to be peaking at the right time. Just sayin

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    234

    Having watched thousands of soccer matches, it is rare when a 4-1 game is not dominated by long stretches of the game by the winning team. This was not one of those rare occasions. The losing side at times has a way of convincing themselves otherwise. Either way, dominating performance or not, no matter how you slice it, how you debate it, if "they (NDA) had one shot that beat the HHS defense. ONE" or not (I still count 4) or what colored glasses you wore while watching it, the outcome remains the same, 4-1.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    930

    Quote Originally Posted by dallaslaredo View Post
    Even at full health, NCC isn't in the same league as NDA...NDA is 10-0 in the last 10 meetings vs NCC and has outscored NCC 34-7 in those 10 matches. It's not even close.
    This is funny because without 2 starters NCC lost to NDA 2-1 with NCC going into halftime with the lead. NDA second could have been called off sides and this came from an NDA parent who was on that side of the field. All in all it was a great game and both teams looked evenly matched. NCC not having 2 starters hurt them and I am not saying that the out come would have been different but who knows.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Bonneville Salt Flats, UT
    Posts
    766

    Quote Originally Posted by CAP View Post
    This is funny because without 2 starters NCC lost to NDA 2-1 with NCC going into halftime with the lead. NDA second could have been called off sides and this came from an NDA parent who was on that side of the field. All in all it was a great game and both teams looked evenly matched. NCC not having 2 starters hurt them and I am not saying that the out come would have been different but who knows.
    I don't know what's funny or not, just relaying the history of the series, which shows a complete dominance by NDA. It's now 11 in a row and outscored 36-8. And NDA has had some major season ending injuries to first team all-stars of their own during that 11-0 run. So I don't worry about how teams look, or what calls were not made, or who is hurt - I just look at the scores.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    9

    Sounds like the gap is closing

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    930

    Quote Originally Posted by dallaslaredo View Post
    I don't know what's funny or not, just relaying the history of the series, which shows a complete dominance by NDA. It's now 11 in a row and outscored 36-8. And NDA has had some major season ending injuries to first team all-stars of their own during that 11-0 run. So I don't worry about how teams look, or what calls were not made, or who is hurt - I just look at the scores.
    You claim there is no comparison this year well that game proves there is IMO. If you want to go by what NDA has done to NCC in the past 10+ years they aren't the only ones they have done that to but for some reason mentioned NCC.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    514

    Good lord is this still being debated?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    930

    Not deny NDA is very good and has been for a very long time. NDA has dominated NKY no one is denying that.

Top