Whitney Creech becomes new state scoring leader

Page 2 of Never count out a superstar. That... 35 comments | 3278 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    94

    Creech is a really good player in a special situation. Kudos to her and her accomplishment. It is amazing that she can score like that night after night. However IMO there are several girls around the state that could put up similar numbers if they were to trade places with Creech on the Jenkins team ......... Now about comparing Creech to Boley. There is no comparison. Period. Erin Boley is on a different level. There are only a handful of girls in the nation that are on Boleys level. The USA basketball, McDonald's All -American, and Norte Dame commit is the POY and rightfully so.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Porky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 11
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    2,138

    Congratulations to Whitney. What a great accomplishment.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,970

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
    Creech is a really good player in a special situation. Kudos to her and her accomplishment. It is amazing that she can score like that night after night. However IMO there are several girls around the state that could put up similar numbers if they were to trade places with Creech on the Jenkins team ......... Now about comparing Creech to Boley. There is no comparison. Period. Erin Boley is on a different level. There are only a handful of girls in the nation that are on Boleys level. The USA basketball, McDonald's All -American, and Norte Dame commit is the POY and rightfully so.
    Then why leave Boley in late in games, long after they are decided, to pad stats???

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Congrats to Creech what an amazing accomplishment.

    IMO Boley is at a different level and should be POY again not taking nothing away from Creech but you don't get ranked that high for no reason.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,462

    Start a new thread debating the two players, leave this thread to Ms. Creech and her accomplishment. I don't care who you are, dropping that many points is truly amazing.

    Congrats Whitney Creech.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,462

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Jaime Walz Richey
    ‏@hhsbballcoach21
    Congrats to Whitney Creech as she passes me to become the all time leading scorer in Kentucky.
    Now this is a classy response, great job Jamie.

  7. #22
    Vito Corleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,150

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 View Post
    Now this is a classy response, great job Jamie.
    Nobody wants to see their record get broken. Everyone wants to be #1 forever and I thought the record was unbreakable. Congratulations to Creech.

  8. #23
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,408

    Congratulations to Whitney on her record breaking achievement!

  9. #24
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    Just for the record, she scored 64 last night (135 in her last 2 games) and went over 5,000 for her career.

    Creech scores 64, surpasses 5,000 points for career | USA Today High School Sports | USA Today High School Sports

  10. #25
    Johnny_Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    1365 Wichita Drive
    Posts
    830

    I was interested to see this so I went through the schedule for the last 3 years, She has outscored the opposing team 6 times this season & 10 times for her career & tied them twice. Thats amazing! (I did this quickly, so there could be a mistake)

    2013-2014
    South Floyd 82-28 (30)
    Cordia 86-32 (32)
    Pike Central 89-51 (53)

    2014-2015
    Cordia 51-18 (30)
    Sullivan Cen 62-45 (45)
    June Buchanan 74-41 (44)

    2015-2016
    Pike Central 81-55 (57)
    John Burton 82-48 (54)
    Lee, Va 84-59 (60)
    Perry Cen 82-55 (61)
    Montgomery Co 70-45 (60)
    Letcher Co 64-44 (50)

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    I was interested to see this so I went through the schedule for the last 3 years, She has outscored the opposing team 6 times this season & 10 times for her career & tied them twice. Thats amazing! (I did this quickly, so there could be a mistake)

    2013-2014
    South Floyd 82-28 (30)
    Cordia 86-32 (32)
    Pike Central 89-51 (53)

    2014-2015
    Cordia 51-18 (30)
    Sullivan Cen 62-45 (45)
    June Buchanan 74-41 (44)

    2015-2016
    Pike Central 81-55 (57)
    John Burton 82-48 (54)
    Lee, Va 84-59 (60)
    Perry Cen 82-55 (61)
    Montgomery Co 70-45 (60)
    Letcher Co 64-44 (50)
    Out of the 12 teams that are listed there are 6 I have never heard of.
    South Floyd
    Sullivan Cen
    June Buchanan
    John Burton
    Lee, Va
    Letcher Co

  12. #27
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    Quote Originally Posted by CAP View Post
    Out of the 12 teams that are listed there are 6 I have never heard of.
    South Floyd
    Sullivan Cen
    June Buchanan
    John Burton
    Lee, Va
    Letcher Co
    Gotta get out more.

  13. #28
    Johnny_Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    1365 Wichita Drive
    Posts
    830

    @CAP 3 are out of state teams; Sullivan Central, John Burton & Lee. South Floyd is in Floyd Co. & will soon be consolidated with Allen Central if I am not mistaken. June Buchanan school is located on the campus of Alice Lloyd college, & Letcher Co Central

    They played Sullivan Central in Daytona & John Burton & Lee schools in a tournament in Wise, Virginia.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    @CAP 3 are out of state teams; Sullivan Central, John Burton & Lee. South Floyd is in Floyd Co. & will soon be consolidated with Allen Central if I am not mistaken. June Buchanan school is located on the campus of Alice Lloyd college, & Letcher Co Central

    They played Sullivan Central in Daytona & John Burton & Lee schools in a tournament in Wise, Virginia.
    Thank you.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Utah View Post
    @CAP 3 are out of state teams; Sullivan Central, John Burton & Lee. South Floyd is in Floyd Co. & will soon be consolidated with Allen Central if I am not mistaken. June Buchanan school is located on the campus of Alice Lloyd college, & Letcher Co Central

    They played Sullivan Central in Daytona & John Burton & Lee schools in a tournament in Wise, Virginia.
    Thank you.

Top