Ryle 71 Cooper 37

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    36

    Ryle 71 Cooper 37

    Retired Jenna Crittenden’s (older sister of sophomore Brie Crittenden) jersey tonight.

    Ryle up 33-3 after first quarter. Did a good job of keeping it from being out of control score wise as discussed in other thread lately.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    86

    How did Ryle possibly keep the final score of this game at 71-37 despite leading after 1 quarter 33-3. From other posts this is impossible to do to win by only 34 after leading by 30 after just 8:00 of play. Please share the secret. Let me guess, Ryle didn’t feel the need to keep pressing them into submission to show their dominance and just fell back and played zone or man without pressuring the ball at all costs. They had their starters out after maybe a half and a little of 3rd quarter. The didn’t sprint the ball up court and continue to jack up 3s. They got to the running clock at half and played the last 16 minutes of ball and were satisfied with a 34 point win and not destroying Cooper and both go on their way. I guess it can be done, learn something everyday.

  3. #3
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    823

    Quote Originally Posted by RaidersWin View Post
    Ryle up 33-3 after first quarter. Did a good job of keeping it from being out of control score wise as discussed in other thread lately
    Ryle's coach didn't spend enough time at the Cobra Kai dojo in the Valley. That is the problem.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    257

    Thank goodness Ryle didn't score more.I'm sure the kids at Cooper feel so much better only getting beat by 34.

  5. #5
    Baseball Nut 24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 10
    Posts
    1,774


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dave View Post
    Thank goodness Ryle didn't score more.I'm sure the kids at Cooper feel so much better only getting beat by 34.
    Confused on your post... are you promoting teams to run up the score?


    I get it, Cooper kids got drilled either way and an L is an L but not worth Ryle going out and putting up 100 on a bad team.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    257

    Quote Originally Posted by GBBfan90 View Post
    Confused on your post... are you promoting teams to run up the score?


    I get it, Cooper kids got drilled either way and an L is an L but not worth Ryle going out and putting up 100 on a bad team.
    I'm just saying if Ryle would have scored 20 more points what's the difference. Every time we see a REALLY lopsided score people want to get crazy acting towards the winning coach. My point is does anyone really think the cooper kids are happy they only scored 71 and not 91? Did Ryle have to score 71? No they could have stopped playing like other's think you should. My point is if the game is on your schedule then play the game regardless of outcome. Just play if it ends up 100 to 2 then it's just a 100 to 2 game. Cooper will be really good in a couple years maybe they can return the favor.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dave View Post
    I'm just saying if Ryle would have scored 20 more points what's the difference. Every time we see a REALLY lopsided score people want to get crazy acting towards the winning coach. My point is does anyone really think the cooper kids are happy they only scored 71 and not 91? Did Ryle have to score 71? No they could have stopped playing like other's think you should. My point is if the game is on your schedule then play the game regardless of outcome. Just play if it ends up 100 to 2 then it's just a 100 to 2 game. Cooper will be really good in a couple years maybe they can return the favor.
    The problem with a 100 to 2 victory is poor sportsmanship, which used to matter to most people. Its all about how you make adjustments in the blow out. Ryle started subbing the deep bench in Q2 and the starters saw less than 5 minutes in the second half. It comes down to respecting your opponent.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    257

    Quote Originally Posted by GBBfan90 View Post
    The problem with a 100 to 2 victory is poor sportsmanship, which used to matter to most people. Its all about how you make adjustments in the blow out. Ryle started subbing the deep bench in Q2 and the starters saw less than 5 minutes in the second half. It comes down to respecting your opponent.
    Do you really think that in any of these blow out wins the winning coach kept their starters in? The answer is no they played subs as well. Subs that seldom get the opportunity to play. So in the name of sportsmanship they should just hold the ball? My point is you can respect your opponent in a 37 point loss the same as you can in a 57 point loss.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    76

    Is this a Ryle/Cooper thread? I didn’t know a third team was involved in this match up. Pretty sure a Camel wasn’t involved. If so many of you have a problem with Coach Menfee and what you see as poor sportsmanship, why not start another thread about it. I for one would recommend reaching out to him directly to discuss your issues with his coaching style. I am sure he would welcome your insight.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    86

    Who said anything about Campbell County in this thread ? It was strictly on the Ryle and Cooper game and how Ryle despite being a top 3 team in the state was able to win the game by 34 despite being up 30 after a quarter. I had read in past games that this wasn’t possible to do without holding the ball or not trying. And yes it is a huge difference to win the game 71-37 rather than 102-20 as Ryle probably could have. One is an unnecessary beat down and one isn’t . It’s a respectable win without rubbing Coopers face in it and can be done easily with a running clock in 2nd half. If you put up over 90 Pts on someone with a 16 min running clock in 2nd half you are trying to score as much as possible and embarrass the other team . There is no other way it can be done. Your still upping the tempo and playing a pressure defense .

  12. #12
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    148,949

    Game threads need to stick to the game.

Top