Open Job: Oldham County

Page 2 of Open... 57 comments | 17153 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    61

    Marion is head coach. I think Maddox is the brains of the operation there though.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    352

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopinthebluegrasss View Post
    Marion is head coach. I think Maddox is the brains of the operation there though.
    Most assistants are!!!

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    somehere in Kentucky
    Posts
    804

    It is interesting that there has been so much instability at OC the last 12-15 years, as it used to be one of the best programs in the 8th region. It seemed like the program was turning the corner under Coach Jefferson the past two seasons and was poised to be the top team in the district.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Posts
    129

    CJ was doing a nice job there. Is Jimmy "Bang Bang" Segar (assistant from North Oldham) in the running as replacement?

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    61

    I dont know if Seger is in the running or not.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    61

    Does anyone know if they have started interviews or have hired anyone?

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Posts
    129

    I know at least one interviewed-but withdrew afterwards.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    61

    I heard the Eastern coach withdrew. Why interview and then withdraw? Seems odd
    Last edited by True blue (and gold); May 14, 18 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Rule 13

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Posts
    129

    May have heard something he didn’t like.

    With the withdrawal, I would say it’s Higdon, Seger, or North Bullitt assistant???
    Last edited by True blue (and gold); May 14, 18 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Rule 13

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    somehere in Kentucky
    Posts
    804

    FYI #1 - JCPS and Oldham County schools are worlds apart when it comes to pay.
    FYI #2 - Wonderful test scores don't buy many groceries for a coach's family.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Posts
    129

    Quote Originally Posted by retropop View Post
    FYI #1 - JCPS and Oldham County schools are worlds apart when it comes to pay.
    FYI #2 - Wonderful test scores don't buy many groceries for a coach's family.
    Amen.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by retropop View Post
    FYI #1 - JCPS and Oldham County schools are worlds apart when it comes to pay.
    FYI #2 - Wonderful test scores don't buy many groceries for a coach's family.
    FYI #3 It's one of the top paying jobs in the 8th Region, if you have trouble paying for groceries there, don't coach at Trimble, Gallatin, or Owen. You'd have a hard time buying bubble gum.

  13. #28
    WalterSobchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Posts
    715

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    FYI #3 It's one of the top paying jobs in the 8th Region, if you have trouble paying for groceries there, don't coach at Trimble, Gallatin, or Owen. You'd have a hard time buying bubble gum.
    Truest statement ever posted on Bluegrasspreps.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    61

    This job has been posted awhile. Would think they need to get someone in time to get some summer league games in.

    Any word?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    352

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopinthebluegrasss View Post
    This job has been posted awhile. Would think they need to get someone in time to get some summer league games in.

    Any word?
    Waiting for Geno

Top