Open Job: Notre Dame Academy

Page 3 of Today they announced they are going a different route with their basketball coach! Thought on who will replace her?... 64 comments | 11923 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    67

    Volleyball coach was announced last week
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    33,141

    Quote Originally Posted by punttheball View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Did they hire a volleyball coach yet?
    Yes, I am not sure it has been made public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter2002 View Post
    Volleyball coach was announced last week
    Please keep the discussion in this thread on the open basketball coaching job at NDA.

    There's a separate thread in the volleyball forum for the volleyball coaching job at NDA.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Northern Ky.
    Posts
    5,091

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Please keep the discussion in this thread on the open basketball coaching job at NDA.

    There's a separate thread in the volleyball forum for the volleyball coaching job at NDA.
    There is now. Nice job. Prior to today, no word on the NDA volleyball position since Feb. 11.

    My point was simple. All are discussing a timeline for a new basketball coach, and the volleyball position took quite a bit of time to fill. Seemed appropriate to point out.

  4. #34
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    33,141

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    There is now. Nice job. Prior to today, no word on the NDA volleyball position since Feb. 11.

    My point was simple. All are discussing a timeline for a new basketball coach, and the volleyball position took quite a bit of time to fill. Seemed appropriate to point out.
    Lighten up, Francis.

    I wasn't trying to make a statement exclusively directed at you. I was just trying to keep the discussion in the open job thread for the Notre Dame BASKETBALL coaching position from getting veered off topic to volleyball. There was an existing open job thread for the volleyball job that was started on January 30th, and then yes, I posted a new thread this morning about the hire being made.

    If you want to make a point about NDA's hiring timeline taking quite a bit of time, then why not just state your "simple" point rather than asking a question about a volleyball coach in a basketball thread?

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Location
    Florence KY
    Posts
    451

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Lighten up, Francis.

    I wasn't trying to make a statement exclusively directed at you. I was just trying to keep the discussion in the open job thread for the Notre Dame BASKETBALL coaching position from getting veered off topic to volleyball. There was an existing open job thread for the volleyball job that was started on January 30th, and then yes, I posted a new thread this morning about the hire being made.

    If you want to make a point about NDA's hiring timeline taking quite a bit of time, then why not just state your "simple" point rather than asking a question about a volleyball coach in a basketball thread?
    Seriously, is this what BGP is coming to? Mention Volleyball in a thread as reference and get smacked down?

  6. #36
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    33,141

    Quote Originally Posted by coach14 View Post
    Seriously, is this what BGP is coming to? Mention Volleyball in a thread as reference and get smacked down?
    Smacked down? I asked folks to keep the discussion in the basketball thread to basketball, and the volleyball discussion to the volleyball thread. That's pretty far from me "smacking anyone down".



    Look...we're all well aware that threads can evolve and meander as they continue on. If someone wants to make a reference, then make a reference by all means. The first post I cited was a straight up question about the volleyball coaching hire, the next two were answers to that question. I was just trying to head-off the discussion making it's way into the volleyball coach/team when this is clearly a basketball thread and not a volleyball thread.

    Like I asked Sandman...if he wanted to make a point about hiring timelines, why not state an actual point about hiring timelines instead of asking whether or not a different coaching position has been filled yet?

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Northern Ky.
    Posts
    5,091

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Lighten up, Francis.

    I wasn't trying to make a statement exclusively directed at you. I was just trying to keep the discussion in the open job thread for the Notre Dame BASKETBALL coaching position from getting veered off topic to volleyball. There was an existing open job thread for the volleyball job that was started on January 30th, and then yes, I posted a new thread this morning about the hire being made.

    If you want to make a point about NDA's hiring timeline taking quite a bit of time, then why not just state your "simple" point rather than asking a question about a volleyball coach in a basketball thread?
    My fault, I thought perhaps folks could read between the lines. I'll be super duper sure to just make all my comments directly and totally to the point from here on out.

    Funny though that no one posted a thing on the NDA volleyball job for two months and then....

  8. #38
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    33,141

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    My fault, I thought perhaps folks could read between the lines. I'll be super duper sure to just make all my comments directly and totally to the point from here on out.

    Funny though that no one posted a thing on the NDA volleyball job for two months and then....
    ....and then I looked up the answer after you asked about it, and I started a thread about it in the volleyball forum, and I asked people to continue the volleyball coaching in that thread because this is a basketball forum and it makes sense to discuss basketball in this forum, and volleyball in the volleyball forum.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    205

    I'm confused is this still the basketball thread?

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    350

    Have they hired their bowling coach yet?

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    533

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter2002 View Post
    Maybe they should hire a parent because they seem to always know more than the coaches!!!!
    Amen! I'd wait 2 years before even considering that job.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by Samcro View Post
    Amen! I'd wait 2 years before even considering that job.
    That is fantastic!

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,038

    Have any credible coaches applied for the job? I would be shocked if Kes actually applied. I would think ND would have hired him the minute his application hit their desk.

  14. #44
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,387

    Why would NDA be a better job than HC?

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    67

    Both schools have positive and negatives. I think NDA has more of a future than HC and would be a reason for him to look at leaving.

Top