Northern Ky Coaches Poll - Week # 3

Page 2 of Someone thought Cooper should be #1 as they got 1 first place vote this week but #9 overall. 1. Campbell Co (8) 89 2. Conner 69 2. Ryle 69 4. Holmes 63... 28 comments | 3599 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    78

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueto View Post
    McKinlee Miller is a D1 softball commit. Lexie Stapleton has had D1 interest already, the 5'10 Wells is getting better by the day and still has another summer and senior season. The 8th grade Koeninger absolutely has that potential.
    3 current D1 athletes on their roster, I don't think it's a stretch to say a couple of the others follow suit.
    Ok I assumed since this was a basketball thread we were talking about basketball D1 didn't know you meant any sport. And you answered the 6-8 D1 your speculating on kids 4 years from now that you think will be. Wow.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    1,732

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEdge View Post
    3 to 5 seems to be quite a stretch... not sure where that is coming from. Their top two are super solid, but I think the list of D1 players currently on that team stops at 2.... someone mentioned Stapleton, but that would be news if that is true.
    I only said Lexi because I assumed that is who the poster meant.

  3. #18
    Dixiefan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    391

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueto View Post
    McKinlee Miller is a D1 softball commit. Lexie Stapleton has had D1 interest already, the 5'10 Wells is getting better by the day and still has another summer and senior season. The 8th grade Koeninger absolutely has that potential.
    3 current D1 athletes on their roster, I don't think it's a stretch to say a couple of the others follow suit.
    I'm a little confused to what you are saying. Clos and Schwarber are the 2 D1 commits on this roster. I don't know Miller and it's great she has committed to playing softball at the D1 level..best of luck to her. But..looking at her Bball stats it appears she is far from a D1 Bball player. Stapleton can light it up, and to say she's had D1 interest is very far from an offer..trust me from experience..I wish nothing but the best for all these kids, especially the'18 class I watched grow up.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Rap View Post
    Ok I assumed since this was a basketball thread we were talking about basketball D1 didn't know you meant any sport. And you answered the 6-8 D1 your speculating on kids 4 years from now that you think will be. Wow.
    I didn't mean anything as I was just chiming in on another comment.
    They have two D1 basketball signees, and another blazing fast D1 player from another sport. In addition, I believe Wells and Stapleton will both go D1 as well. A Junior and a Senior. They have a talented team, as they've been proving.
    I appreciate your speculation that they won't go D1. Wow ��.
    And, there has been plenty of speculation about plenty of 7th & 8th graders potential. I just feel she'll be there when it's all said and done.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    78

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueto View Post
    I didn't mean anything as I was just chiming in on another comment.
    They have two D1 basketball signees, and another blazing fast D1 player from another sport. In addition, I believe Wells and Stapleton will both go D1 as well. A Junior and a Senior. They have a talented team, as they've been proving.
    I appreciate your speculation that they won't go D1. Wow ��.
    And, there has been plenty of speculation about plenty of 7th & 8th graders potential. I just feel she'll be there when it's all said and done.
    I'm not speculating anything. D1 players are rare. You basically said they have 6-8 of them on their roster and i'm saying that probably has never occurred in the history of nky basketball and probably a 1-5 times in Kentucky history if ever. Just not a fan of people just throwing out those comments like its no big deal. They got 2 D1 on the roster in bball thats it not 6-8. They have really nice team and hopefully will do well in postseason and represent nky well. But lets not get too crazy.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Rap View Post
    I'm not speculating anything. D1 players are rare. You basically said they have 6-8 of them on their roster and i'm saying that probably has never occurred in the history of nky basketball and probably a 1-5 times in Kentucky history if ever. Just not a fan of people just throwing out those comments like its no big deal. They got 2 D1 on the roster in bball thats it not 6-8. They have really nice team and hopefully will do well in postseason and represent nky well. But lets not get too crazy.
    Please tell me when I said there are 6-8 D1 players on their roster. You are putting words in my mouth like it's no big deal.
    I said they have 3 and they do. I said 3 others have the potential to do so.
    I could care less if that bothers you. I'm fine with you having a different opinion.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    82

    Rap, you say Campbell County has a nice team. That’s kind of an understatement. They are GOOD. Look at their schedule and look at their record. You must be kind of blind.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    104

    Everyone calm down, it is Christmas. Lady Camels are playing great, Clos and Schwarber two outstanding players who have worked hard their whole career. To say they will have others follow D1 suit, personally do not dee it. Those two make everyone on the team look better. I hope others develop as well as them, but I do not see it. I will continue to enjoy this year. Go Camels!

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    78

    Quote Originally Posted by raymond View Post
    Rap, you say Campbell County has a nice team. That’s kind of an understatement. They are GOOD. Look at their schedule and look at their record. You must be kind of blind.
    I believe I said really nice . Is that less than good? I don't believe so just a different phrase of endearment. I was not saying anything negative about the team . Just that I agree with thelion44 , 2 really good players who make others around them look good. I don't see 3 D1s ( now I see 2)or 6-8 potential in the future. Nor do I think one in softball makes a difference in a basketball game but that is just me. Big game tonight should give an indication of how close they are to being at the top or if they are already there.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    71

    No dog in this fight, but CC win against MND is the best win any team in NKY has had this year.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by James Graham View Post
    No dog in this fight, but CC win against MND is the best win any team in NKY has had this year.
    Had a NKY team ever beat MND before Campbell did it this year?

  12. #27
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,039

    Time to give Newport some love.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Time to give Newport some love.
    I assume you're in the wrong thread.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Lady Camels showed tonight they are clearly #1 in NKY and can contend for a state title.

Top