Mason County girls Coach Piper Lyndsey

Page 9 of I'm good friends with him in PK. He would be an excellent hire. I don't think he's interested. Advertisement May 2, 15, 07:07 AM #42 Rick Grimes V... 155 comments | 29420 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    97

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    In all honesty i hope Piper lands on her feet somewhere next season. She is a good caoch and with her experience last season in the State Tournament she should be able to land a pretty good gig.
    She was wonderful for the program. Wonder what the team thinks?
    Advertisement

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    My understanding is that the coach was fired for several reasons based on observations and complaints. Specifically, she was not doing her job as a PE teacher as she was seen on more than one occasion using her phone during class. The school felt she was not an appropriate role model based on her behavior towards young women. Questions were also raised about her boundaries with students.
    One of the schools who have inquired about her services asked Mason administration is there any reason why we shouldn't hire her and was told No. They were also told she had all 3's on her yearly observation which in education terms is satisfactory and 1 level below perfect.

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Posts
    127

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    I really think it's Brad Cox's job to turn down. If he says no, then we can discuss candidates.
    Brad Cox does not want it, he plans to stay and coach the boys with Coach Biggs. PK will not come to MC either.

  4. #124

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    One of the schools who have inquired about her services asked Mason administration is there any reason why we shouldn't hire her and was told No. They were also told she had all 3's on her yearly observation which in education terms is satisfactory and 1 level below perfect.

    I can only assume Mason is referring to her teaching ability and not coaching. From what I've heard, I wouldn't want this woman near my kids, male or female. I stand by what I posted.

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    I can only assume Mason is referring to her teaching ability and not coaching. From what I've heard, I wouldn't want this woman near my kids, male or female. I stand by what I posted.
    That's cool, i'm not in the business of spreading small town rumors about a persons character though. It happened to me and I know how unfair it is. I haven't heard whatever you think she did. If she did something character wise then Mason is lying to this school who is pursuing her.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    I can only assume Mason is referring to her teaching ability and not coaching. From what I've heard, I wouldn't want this woman near my kids, male or female. I stand by what I posted.
    I don't these kind of posts are necessary on a sports board. Take that stuff to topix.

  7. #127
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    3,124

    Are schools allowed to give bad references?

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Brad Cox does not want it, he plans to stay and coach the boys with Coach Biggs. PK will not come to MC either.
    Coach Cox couldn't go wrong either way. Would think there would be a better chance of snow tonight than PK or any BC players going to Mason County. Whoever made that post had to be doing that tongue in cheek.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    I don't these kind of posts are necessary on a sports board. Take that stuff to topix.
    If you don't like my posts, block me or take it up with a mod.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    I don't these kind of posts are necessary on a sports board. Take that stuff to topix.
    Spot on. Very amateurish to report or spread rumors that are unsubstantiated.

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    That's cool, i'm not in the business of spreading small town rumors about a persons character though. It happened to me and I know how unfair it is. I haven't heard whatever you think she did. If she did something character wise then Mason is lying to this school who is pursuing her.
    Disagree as it depends on what the new school is asking. Sounds like Mason Co gave them her observation reports. If she had Character flaws, Mason Co isnt going to say anything, and set themselves up for liability if she didnt get the job. Remember, they didnt have to have a reason to fire her.....non tenure, no reason needed.

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    I don't these kind of posts are necessary on a sports board. Take that stuff to topix.
    Opinions should not be posted on a message board?

  13. #133

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    Are schools allowed to give bad references?
    Any employee can say what they want as long as it is truthful. Do they, most do not. Anymore, companies want even answer if someone work for that company, they chose to not respond. Its can set a company/school district up for liability issues depending on what they say.

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    My understanding is that the coach was fired for several reasons based on observations and complaints. Specifically, she was not doing her job as a PE teacher as she was seen on more than one occasion using her phone during class. The school felt she was not an appropriate role model based on her behavior towards young women. Questions were also raised about her boundaries with students.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    I can only assume Mason is referring to her teaching ability and not coaching. From what I've heard, I wouldn't want this woman near my kids, male or female. I stand by what I posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Spot on. Very amateurish to report or spread rumors that are unsubstantiated.
    But yet its ok to spout off names of coaches that may or may not be interested in the position thats open? For their current employer to see, and then have to deal with the questions of "So you are interested in Mason Co are you?" and yet said coach has no interest, never talked to anyone at Mason Co, and is not put in an awkward situation.

    Whats the difference? Nothing @lawildcat posted went into significant details. just what they had hear and their opinion.

  15. #135
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,658

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    Are schools allowed to give bad references?
    They are expected to be honest.

Top