Holmes and Dayton

  1. #1
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,494

    Holmes and Dayton

    Am I right that we still have no word on these two coaching positions?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    16

    From what I understand, Jeff Trunick is the Varsity Coach at Dayton.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    5,939

    Quote Originally Posted by bhstigers View Post
    From what I understand, Jeff Trunick is the Varsity Coach at Dayton.
    So what is the story on Steve Hunt leaving the program?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    937

    Holmes was going to conduct interviews last week, it was postponed until this week.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Is George Stoll from NewCath being considered I wonder?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    105

    Last I heard Stoll was not interested in taking a job this year due but that may be outdated information.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by CAP View Post
    Is George Stoll from NewCath being considered I wonder?
    @CAP as an NCC fan I find this an interesting question you asked. Didn't Stoll leave due to time constraints and wasn't able to coach anymore? The fact you ask this makes me wonder if this wasn't the reason he left. Was he ran off for lack of a better term or had no interest in still coaching at NCC? I've heard thru the grapevine both of these reasons plus I know he coached aau ball this summer which I thought was odd.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Quote Originally Posted by Rap View Post
    @CAP as an NCC fan I find this an interesting question you asked. Didn't Stoll leave due to time constraints and wasn't able to coach anymore? The fact you ask this makes me wonder if this wasn't the reason he left. Was he ran off for lack of a better term or had no interest in still coaching at NCC? I've heard thru the grapevine both of these reasons plus I know he coached aau ball this summer which I thought was odd.
    I heard he isn't coaching an NCC because he was getting married and need a break. Stoll is still teaching at NCC. I had no idea he coached AAU this year are you sure he did?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by CAP View Post
    I heard he isn't coaching an NCC because he was getting married and need a break. Stoll is still teaching at NCC. I had no idea he coached AAU this year are you sure he did?
    I was told the same thing by a close friend of his. With his wedding coming up, he needed a break for that. He did do AAU this past summer but that was it. He may go back to coaching after the wedding and a few years of marriage tho.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by CAP View Post
    I heard he isn't coaching an NCC because he was getting married and need a break. Stoll is still teaching at NCC. I had no idea he coached AAU this year are you sure he did?
    100% he was in a team picture with a Fusion 7/8th grade team. Not sure if he was head coach or assistant. I heard same about getting married is why when you asked if he applied at Holmes I was curious because assume a wedding would affect a job equally at Holmes as NCC. That was why I asked. On another note it seems very strange for 2 jobs: Holmes and Holy Cross to still be vacant. These teams have won the region and been pretty strong for the last 5 years or so. Why suddenly can't they find a coach? Has the talent level dried up? I know at Holmes they are ready to struggle some but HC should still be pretty strong unless there are gonna be some missing players come October 15th that would be interested coaches know about.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    24

    Holy Cross named Marty Rankin head coach the same day Jerry Allen resigned.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by bbcoach45 View Post
    Holy Cross named Marty Rankin head coach the same day Jerry Allen resigned.
    I thought Marty Rankin was the interim coach didn’t know he was the permanent guy. My next question would be he has been there awhile why wasn’t he named coach to start with rather than Allen if Holy Cross feels he was qualified? They had to be very familiar with him , seems strange you look outside then when that guy can’t stay you say hey you still interested.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    24

    Marty was asked to stay on staff by Coach Allen as a bridge to the team, and accepted. It was easy and logical to ask him if he'd like to be head coach when Allen had to step down. It is my understanding that at that time he was named coach for the season - I may be wrong. So, that may or may not be interim. Whether he's there after this year, I couldn't say.

    Unfortunately, I can't speak to what the athletic department thinks/feels.

    That said, this thread was about Holmes & Dayton. Sorry if it is starting to get hijacked.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    105

    Marty was named interim coach for the year. I wonder also why he was not just named head coach.

    I heard somewhere that Dayton had named a coach or that they were going to name a long time assistant as the coach.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    105

    Rumor has it that both Dayton and Holmes have filled their coaching positions

Top