Harrison County 70 Campbell County 49

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    89

    Harrison County 70 Campbell County 49

    Final from Cynthiana.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    9,918

    What's up with this score?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    89

    Shows how good Harrison is this year. 15-4 overall.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Carmineti View Post
    Shows how good Harrison is this year. 15-4 overall.
    I would say a quality win but a 15-4 record with a soft schedule that has only one top 25 teams on it, which hasn’t been played yet, doesn’t mean anything! Especially, with one of the losses being by Paris at Harrison Co.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    89

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-KY View Post
    I would say a quality win but a 15-4 record with a soft schedule that has only one top 25 teams on it, which hasn’t been played yet, doesn’t mean anything! Especially, with one of the losses being by Paris at Harrison Co.

    I don’t think you can judge a team or season based off one game. Many good teams always have that one game they wish they could have back.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Carmineti View Post
    I don’t think you can judge a team or season based off one game. Many good teams always have that one game they wish they could have back.
    In most cases I would agree, BUT to a team that is atleast 40 point behind the top teams in the region is very hard to over look. Especially with that loss being at Harrison Co. Inline with what you are saying you can’t judge a team by its record! You have to look at the quality of teams they have played. Which goes back to my response to your original post.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    89

    Well hopefully Harrison County keeps getting overlooked with tournament time approaching soon. Been playing great team basketball since the Paris loss. Unlike some other teams in our region.

  8. #8
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    780

    Wow!! I admittedly know nothing about Harrison Co. (sorry, at least I will own it), but at first blush, both this result AND the margin catch my attention.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Posts
    26

    Respect is earned not given! To be considered good you have to be willing to play good teams! I wouldn’t knock the other TEAMS in the region who are actually playing quality teams in prep for the post season. Jan 29 will be a good measurement on how Harrison stacks up amongst the top teams in the region. True chance to earn respect!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    89

    Not knocking anyone just saying some teams are not playing their best ball right now. Jan. 29th will be a good test for fans to look at. However, Harrison County has the potential 10th Region Player of the Year as well as the 10th Region leading rebounder. As well as three top shooters from behind the arc. Just saying donít count this team as an easy win on the schedule.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Posts
    26

    Stats are like records, very misleading when you play a soft schedule! Harrison Co had a great record last season and instead of scheduling tougher this season and seeing how they match up against other good teams in the state they went back with a weak schedule. Most teams on their schedule are bottom teams from other regions. Shame on them! The 10th as well as all regions should really take that into consideration when voting on awards. Too many team around the state do this to boast great records and stats. To be considered the best you have to play against the best!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    89

    I agree to some degree. But Not all stats are padded. When young ladies shoot over 40% from the arch that has nothing to do with strong or weak schedule. And you are right that respect is earned. That’s why every team in the 10th face guards or double teams certain players. Which earns them the respect of coaches and awards. What is sad is the politics that goes into awards.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 16
    Posts
    110

    I do agree records mean nothing and it depend on the teams you are playing...... Can be very deceiving.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    291

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Carmineti View Post
    I agree to some degree. But Not all stats are padded. When young ladies shoot over 40% from the arch that has nothing to do with strong or weak schedule. And you are right that respect is earned. That’s why every team in the 10th face guards or double teams certain players. Which earns them the respect of coaches and awards. What is sad is the politics that goes into awards.
    Completely disagree here. Shooting threes from an open spot is far different than shooting threes off the dribble or with a strong defender on you.

    I see no reasonable way to disagree with the statement that a weak schedule produces better stats for players. Consider Kelliones counterparts for the POY award. Kennedy Igo‘s stats from her eighth-grade year at Montgomery county versus her stats now is a clear representation of what a weak schedule does. Seems unreasonable to punish Igo for playing on a better team vs better opponents, she made herself better this way. I don’t see anyway Kellione catches up to Igo, Harrison or Meredith for POY in part because Harrison County’s weak schedule. Sorry to say that but your coach should have thought of these things before finalizing the schedule this year.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    89

    Quote Originally Posted by hydraman View Post
    Completely disagree here. Shooting threes from an open spot is far different than shooting threes off the dribble or with a strong defender on you.

    I see no reasonable way to disagree with the statement that a weak schedule produces better stats for players. Consider Kelliones counterparts for the POY award. Kennedy Igo‘s stats from her eighth-grade year at Montgomery county versus her stats now is a clear representation of what a weak schedule does. Seems unreasonable to punish Igo for playing on a better team vs better opponents, she made herself better this way. I don’t see anyway Kellione catches up to Igo, Harrison or Meredith for POY in part because Harrison County’s weak schedule. Sorry to say that but your coach should have thought of these things before finalizing the schedule this year.
    Who are we fooling? POY award is decided by politics. Coaches sending out texts and emails pleading with other coaches to vote for their player. You see this time and time again, with the exception of a few coaches who have a backbone and morals.

    As far as punishing kids for decisions they make or their coaches make is totally unfair to the player themselves.
    If a player chooses to be loyal to their community, school and coaches they likewise shouldn’t be punished. But I would argue that there is something to say about a kid who believes in loyalty.

    As far as playing certain competition or schools on a schedule I also agree with the many coaches who refuse to play teams and schools who they view don’t do things the right way.

    I wish there were more Kellione’s and Dontaine Allen’s in the 10th Region who displays loyalty over other things. Not saying every case is the same because I know there are actual events in people’s lives that they can’t help.

Top