Covington Holy Cross hires Jerry Allen as girls hoops coach.

  1. #1
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,496

    Covington Holy Cross hires Jerry Allen as girls hoops coach.

    Jerry Allen. Totally not a huge wow in the sense of drama.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    35

    Seems like a "wow" in terms of a quality hire.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    Jerry Allen. Totally not a huge wow in the sense of drama.
    Not familiar with him. Background?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    90

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    Not familiar with him. Background?
    Former assistant at NDA and Shooting stars AAU coach for awhile and was the TMC assistant who took in Sydney Moss causing them to have to vacate their national championship. I am not sure what he has been up to most recently.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    113

    So who got the better end of the deal, Holy Cross or NDA?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    614

    Quote Originally Posted by rjal View Post
    Former assistant at NDA and Shooting stars AAU coach for awhile and was the TMC assistant who took in Sydney Moss causing them to have to vacate their national championship. I am not sure what he has been up to most recently.
    He was the man in charge of the basketball program at town and country sports complex in Wilder when it opened 2 years ago. Not sure if he still there or not. I believe he played ball at TMC as well

  7. #7
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,934

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter2002 View Post
    When it is announced, let me know if its a wow hire.
    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    Jerry Allen. Totally not a huge wow in the sense of drama.
    No, that is not a "wow" hire IMO.

  8. #8
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,496

    It is a pretty good hire from what I hear though.

  9. #9
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,496

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter2002 View Post
    If the rumors are true, all I can say is WOW!!!
    Now that it is all done, I am curious to know what you heard in the first place to make you think "WOW"

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    106

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    Now that it is all done, I am curious to know what you heard in the first place to make you think "WOW"
    I knew about the hire. I was just surprised that he even went for the job and they actually hired him.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    106

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEdge View Post
    So who got the better end of the deal, Holy Cross or NDA?
    I dont think this can be answered until after the season.

  12. #12
    paNDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    Hebron
    Posts
    6,854

    When my daughter played AAU with him as coach they were about 100 and 2. He can coach.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Location
    Florence KY
    Posts
    453

    Quote Originally Posted by paNDA View Post
    When my daughter played AAU with him as coach they were about 100 and 2. He can coach.
    Panda- I respect you and your opinions and agree with you that he is a good coach. He is a great teacher of the fundamentals and I would trust him with my team any time. However, in general I do not like the comparison of HS coaching to AAU coaching. High school 90% of the time you are dealt a hand and you have to play it. AAU 100% of the time you select the kids that best fit your style and needs, those kids are easy to coach and produce results.

  14. #14
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    Quote Originally Posted by coach14 View Post
    Panda- I respect you and your opinions and agree with you that he is a good coach. He is a great teacher of the fundamentals and I would trust him with my team any time. However, in general I do not like the comparison of HS coaching to AAU coaching. High school 90% of the time you are dealt a hand and you have to play it. AAU 100% of the time you select the kids that best fit your style and needs, those kids are easy to coach and produce results.
    So don't the other AAU coaches get to do the same thing?

  15. #15
    paNDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    Hebron
    Posts
    6,854

    Quote Originally Posted by coach14 View Post
    Panda- I respect you and your opinions and agree with you that he is a good coach. He is a great teacher of the fundamentals and I would trust him with my team any time. However, in general I do not like the comparison of HS coaching to AAU coaching. High school 90% of the time you are dealt a hand and you have to play it. AAU 100% of the time you select the kids that best fit your style and needs, those kids are easy to coach and produce results.
    AAU is a totally different animal but he has a wealth of experience. A father who taught Jerry the fundamentals. Strong desire win but the patience to teach. Girls seem to really enjoy his style. Look forward to see how it plays out.

Top